turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best pump turkey gun

Started by delta hunter, February 18, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooks' n' Beards'

My Browning Bps,I Owned a Rem 870 Shurshot turkey gun and all it did was jam,Piece of Krap,So i sold it and bought a Brwoning Bps,Twice the Gun.

gobbler74

Quote from: GrizzlyMan1980 on February 25, 2012, 05:17:37 PM
My Browning Bps,I Owned a Rem 870 Shurshot turkey gun and all it did was jam,Piece of Krap,So i sold it and bought a Brwoning Bps,Twice the Gun.

:icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

WFI79

Had a few turkey guns over the years.  My personal favorite is Rem 870 SPST 3" with .670 PureGold and Eotec 512.  Never malfunctioned and been used hard.   :icon_thumright:

ohiostrutter

bushwhacker

Remington 870. I didnt know they made anything else!

1) 870 express 21 inch pipe jh .660

2) 870 express sm 28 inch pipe jh .665

3) 870 express 20 gauge 26 pipe (work in progress) :OGturkeyhead:

schuylkillspur

I've had a bunch of Turkey guns over the years. I'e settled on these two 870 rem one 12 & one 20ga.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

tomtamer25

seadux

870 SM all the way. I have hunted w/ the BPS in 3.5 12 & 10, and the Nova.  All have their strong points, but for aftermarket supplies to trick them out and sheer ruggedness nothing compares to the Remington. :icon_thumright:

okiegobblers

870 is what I carry into the woods

MossRem

1- 870 super mag
2-835 ultra  mag
3-37 turkey slayer

My first turkey gun was a plain-as-dirt Mossberg 500. I had that gun several years and except for the rattling forearm, I had no complaints with it. I never had one jam with that gun. Only problem I ever had was that the tang safety needed replacing. No big deal.
That gun always patterned nicely, too..

An 835, to me, is a great all-around shotgun.....and that star dot tube really makes one shine, indeed... but for some reason, I find myself wanting to hunt with my plain-jane 28 inch Remington 870 Express (non-Super Mag)more than anything else.
I like a factory full tube with that gun. I found that too-tight choke constrictions didn't give me good patterns at a distance.

A 3 inch shell is plenty powerful to me, particularly when it's a black one that says "Winchester Supreme 5 shot" on it...or a red one that says "Federal Premium Magnum #5" on it.

mikejd

I have them all and my 1300 always gets the grab.

870supermagnum

MOStrutter

Quote from: GrizzlyMan1980 on February 25, 2012, 05:17:37 PM

I totally agree.  My 870 got stolen.  After the initial anger, I realized I had an excuse to go buy a real gun instead of that cheap piece of crap.  This is a great argument in the duck blind with all of the loyal 870 users.

burley

Lunchbox

Easy answer to this question: The best pump action is whatever one i use to kill the Gobbler with! :happy0064:

Seriously though, i usually use my 870, but in a pinch i have been known to use my father's old Browning 2000(killed my first bird with that old shotgun).