Main Menu

Best pump turkey gun

Started by delta hunter, February 18, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spur collector

acsoa12

I've always been partial to 870's

deadhead870

870's are up there with the best of em.. Ive shot one 835 and they kick to dadgum hard for me,guess im just a wuss.

tomtamer25

sevetts

im gonna post one that i dought will have any other backers, i have a 870 super mag and 2 win 1300 turkeys. my turkey gun however is and h and r pardner pump turkey, throws great consistant patterns, and i love the humpback look and feel

gersus

Anything but a 870! Not really, just poking at the huge number of 870 guys here!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I really like my 870 turkey rig.  But my BPS flat out shoots it with the same choke tube and shells.

mossy835

For me surprise Mossy 835 ULTIU Mag as my main turkey shotgun and my backup is an old JC Higgins Model 20 12 using classic doubles #4 which is also deadly at reasonable ranges.
:newmascot:

cscott

Longshanks

I own two rem 870's wing masters and one rem 870sm. They are simply the best pumpgun from the duck blind to the turkey woods. One of those wing masters ive had for 32+ years and replaced one spring. The rest of the work I've done on it was for preference. I've owned several mossbergs and sold them all. After a few years they feel loose and play in the action.They rattle (forearm) and I don't like the feel of them. I had a gunsmith tell me there is not a quality peice of metal in a mossberg. He could be wrong but that is the feeling I get from that gun regardless of the killer patterns. The browning pumps I have seen are quality guns and so nice I would hate to use them as a working gun.

hunter-b

1- 870 super mag
2-835 ultra  mag
3-37 turkey slayer

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

rempumpman

1st choice...................rem 870

2nd choice...................rem 870

3rd choice...........rem 870

anyone want to guess what my 4th choice would be?

nothing else comes close.......................rem

:OGturkeyhead:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

billinsd

Quote from: bird on February 18, 2012, 01:07:34 PM
All factors considered..... Without a doubt it has to be a Remington 870SM
The camo 870 SM!!!  :z-winnersmiley:

Mild Bill

I will give a nod to the browning (and the mossbergs) for the the larger bore diameters, I don't think that hurts anything.

but I have never seen or owned a bps that was anywhere as smooth or had a better fit and finish than my old school 870 SP or any of my 1300's.  equal fit and finish maybe, but not even close in "shuck-a-bility"

Maybe I have been very lucky with few 1300's I have , and the 870's. I also have a handful of sweet old school wingmasters too, or unlucky with the handful of BPS's I have owned, but my 870's and 1300's have all been smooth, slick shuckers.
You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them.