News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best pump turkey gun

Started by delta hunter, February 18, 2012, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelman

mudhen

Nothing against the 870 SM, shot 7 toms with one last year, but I really like the Browning BPS, and have been shooting them for many years.

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

C J Stahly

omegafoo

While the Mossberg is a good gun for many, I just can't get over that whole rattling forearm/pump thing. That simply drives me NUTS! :z-dizzy:

870SM for me but the Browning BPS is also a nice gun.

goblr77

Quote from: Philippe on February 18, 2012, 06:43:17 PM
Mossy 835 for its patterning abilities, it hurts to shoot but its worth it. A very close second is my Rem 870 20ga.

:agreed:

Gobble!

I like my 870SM. Tried a SuperNova but like the 870 more. Never shot a 835.

delta hunter

I got the mossberg and haven't even patterned it, but I don't like the feel. I'm gonna try to trade it for an 870 super mag

delta hunter

I had an 870 in original mossy oak bottomland Camo. Must have been 20 years ago. I was a young teen. My older brother gave me the gun and someone stole it. It was good lookin

bbcoach

My reply is the Gun that fits you the best and you have 100% confidence in when it goes BOOM.  For me, that would be the 835.

reflexl

I own the 835, 870 and BPS. If it comes down to pure turkey killing the 835 with the stardot wins hands down. reflex264

Dinger

I've got a Benelli camo Nova that I tricked out.  My gunsmith worked on the trigger, made it nice and crisp at 4lbs.  Put a Benelli recoil reducer in the buttstock and added a Limbsaver pad on the stock.  I have the Magnum gobble dot sights on the 26" barrel with a MADD choke tube.  That gun with Hevi 13's....3"X2X7 shot does the trick.  With all that said, I took an old Rem 870 express Magnum that my son bulged the barrel on with questionable reloads and tricked it out.  I put camo synthetic stocks on it, a 21" ribbed barrel with Rem Choke.  I put a Jelly head choke tube on one end and a Limbsaver butt pad on the other end with some shot in the buttstock to tame the recoil.  I am still trying to figure out sights for it but killed two gobblers last year with just the bead.  Oh, I use Hevi 13's....3" X 2 X 7 shot in it also.  I love both of these guns but I have always been a Rem guy at heart.   :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

stinkpickle

Each pump I've played with has its own advantage...

Mossy 500 - Weight
Mossy 835 - PATTERNS!!!
Remmy 870 - Accessories
Browning BPS - Smoothness, fit and finish...by far

westtennhunter

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 20, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
I didn't know anyone but Remington made a pump.

Me either!

870SM here!

davisd9

835 = Tom's worst nightmare!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

gobbler74

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 22, 2012, 11:07:50 AM
Each pump I've played with has its own advantage...

Mossy 500 - Weight
Mossy 835 - PATTERNS!!!
Remmy 870 - Accessories
Browning BPS - Smoothness, fit and finish...by far

Browning x 2  :icon_thumright:
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"