OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbler Lounger for Running & Gunning?

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 21, 2011, 12:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

I've been looking at the gobbler lounge and no doubt its comfortable.  I have come very close to ordering one already but I just don't know how well it will work for my hunting style.  I hunt a lot of private land in the South West part of the state of VA.  The terrain is pretty rough down there and is steep in most places.  So I end up having to climb into some deep hollers or climbing out of some steep hollers and I cover a lot of ground.  I'm just afraid that packing this thing would get old quick cause with my mossy oak elite vest and packing my shotgun that at times gets hard.  I would love to have a more comfortable seat in the turkey woods but this is just my draw back.  What method do you all use to carry your lounger in the woods since I've never seen one up close or will it fit in the back of a vest for example the one I have has a pretty big back pocket on it.  If anyone can give me some info or opinions on this I would greatly appreciate it! 

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

bird

Take the strap that comes with the gobbler lounger and cut it off the chair.  Then take a shoulder strap from a blind bag, satchel, computer case, camera bag, luggage bag or whatever bag you may have around and attach it to the chair top and bottom this way you can carry the chair over your shoulder of pack it on your back.  I use a padded shoulder strap off of an Avery blind bag myself and it works great.

tjh24

I also hunt in some pretty nasty country, how well does the chair work when setting up in mountains? most of my terrain is hilly, will the chair work well in that?

waturkeynut

Out west here in Wa. I do a lot of moving, whether riding a bike in 5 miles or changing elevations from 1800 ft to 4000 ft in a matter of a mile in some cases. I absolutlely LOVE mine, I'll actually stuff it in my game bag of the vest. My vest has an opening at the top so it sticks straight up and leaves room for a couple foam type dekes. I hardly ever leeave the woods with out it and it will make you set at a setup longer. For more comfort I'll use my seat pad to keep the fidgeting down. Last year I actually tried to wait out my nemisis bird for over 7 hrs in the same set. Didn't get him.... got up after that time peeked over a little bump in the land and busted a couple hens.

1iagobblergetter

I have had numerous cushions and chair configurations for turkeys and haven't had to look any further since using the lounger. My first one came with a chair bag that works really well,but my newer one just came with a strap so I just took a bag from one of my larger camping chairs and use that for my spare newer chair. Someone on this site was making a bag for these chairs,but I dont recall who it was.I'm sure someone remembers???

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: waturkeynut on February 21, 2011, 01:06:59 PM
Out west here in Wa. I do a lot of moving, whether riding a bike in 5 miles or changing elevations from 1800 ft to 4000 ft in a matter of a mile in some cases. I absolutlely LOVE mine, I'll actually stuff it in my game bag of the vest. My vest has an opening at the top so it sticks straight up and leaves room for a couple foam type dekes. I hardly ever leeave the woods with out it and it will make you set at a setup longer. For more comfort I'll use my seat pad to keep the fidgeting down. Last year I actually tried to wait out my nemisis bird for over 7 hrs in the same set. Didn't get him.... got up after that time peeked over a little bump in the land and busted a couple hens.

waturkeynut....so you have had no problems with packing it in the game bag of your vest?  Cause I thought about this since my vest has a pretty big game bag on the back of my vest.

Gamblinman

If you hunt uneven surfaces..check this one out:

It will adjust for uneven ground, for your leg support and back tilt. I slip this chair between my game vest and vest seat. Sets up in seconds.

http://www.integrityoutdoorbrands.com/san-chairs/everest-recliner.htm

You can find it here for less:

http://www.amazon.com/San-Angelo-EveRest-Turkey-Sherbrooke/dp/B003V557UO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1298316367&sr=8-3

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 21, 2011, 01:13:43 PM
I have had numerous cushions and chair configurations for turkeys and haven't had to look any further since using the lounger. My first one came with a chair bag that works really well,but my newer one just came with a strap so I just took a bag from one of my larger camping chairs and use that for my spare newer chair. Someone on this site was making a bag for these chairs,but I dont recall who it was.I'm sure someone remembers???
Customgunsocks makes bags for them.

Gobbling Buck

I put a padded shoulder strap (same as on my rifle) on mine.  But most of the time I stick it between the cushon and back of my vest, just because that is the most comfortable for me.  I definitely love using the lounger though.....my back can't take setting very long without it.

EliteArkHunter

Quote from: bird on February 21, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
Take the strap that comes with the gobbler lounger and cut it off the chair.  Then take a shoulder strap from a blind bag, satchel, computer case, camera bag, luggage bag or whatever bag you may have around and attach it to the chair top and bottom this way you can carry the chair over your shoulder of pack it on your back.  I use a padded shoulder strap off of an Avery blind bag myself and it works great.

I love that idea.....I believe ill do the same      :you_rock:

customgunsocks

Quote from: bird on February 21, 2011, 12:34:17 PM

Or...we sell the lounge sack.

customgunsocks

Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 21, 2011, 04:35:37 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 21, 2011, 01:13:43 PM
Customgunsocks makes bags for them.

THANK YOU very much RAspy, there has been a few comments here, some hunters keep forgetting about us!!
Thanks again, we appreciate the plug on our products.

Tail Feathers

Love my GL but if I'm really planning running I go without it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

VA_Birdhunter

Well I went ahead and order one today....I look forward to trying it out!  Thanks for all the information and tips.

God Bless