OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sumtoy choke

Started by WW, February 17, 2012, 10:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I just ordered a .650 sumtoy choke for the 870.. I couldn't get a decent pattern with my other chokes, so I decided to give sumtoy a try. Anybody shoot #6 hevi shot with a sumtoy .650?

reynolds243

I have but i shoot a Stoeger so obviously not really doing apples to apples.

houser52

Quote from: WW on February 17, 2012, 10:20:12 AM
I just ordered a .650 sumtoy choke for the 870.. I couldn't get a decent pattern with my other chokes, so I decided to give sumtoy a try. Anybody shoot #6 hevi shot with a sumtoy .650?

I ordered the SumToy .650 on Monday and it should be here pretty soon. I'll post a report on how it shoots

WW

Mine should be here by Wednesday hopefully!

bullet355

I'd like to see what kind of numbers you get. I'm wanting to try something
different in my 870.

joshb311

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 17, 2012, 10:52:32 AM
I have but i shoot a Stoeger so obviously not really doing apples to apples.

Are you getting good numbers with it? I have a Benelli and they are supposed to be compatible with the Stoeger. Curious about their performance. I've read a few posts from people using mossbergs and winchesters with good results with them.

acsoa12

Mine should be here by tomorrow I hope. I am shooting an M3500, but my hunting partner ordered one at the same time and he shoots an 870sm so I can report after this weekend.

reynolds243

my 3500 and 2000 stoegers shot the 650 sumtoy VERY well...matter of fact i sold all the other chokes i had minus the hevi choke 656 and will be hunting with the sumtoy this year as my primary.

You can see all the patterns i shot with it over in the pattern thread for the stoeger M2000 and M3500.

now if you are shooting magblends the Hevi choke in the 3500 puts a NASTY pattern out with them!!!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Yea, 230s in the 10 at 40 with hevi 13 6s and an 870 sm

XCBlur

Expecting my SumToy any day  now for my Encore.  Looking forward to seeing what it will do!

bullet355

Vaturkstomper, what size is that Sumtoy choke ? And were those 3 or 3 1/2
# 6's

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I shot my 870 sm and my .650 sumtoy this morning because of the great weather.

Lazered 41 yards w a leica.

247 in the 10 at 40 with a polished bore, 3.5" 2.25 ounce 6s and the .650.

houser52

The SumToy .650 for my 870 came in the mail today. If the weather cooperates I'll get to shoot it this weekend and post some comments.

From first observations it's very well made and heavy. The rings inside of the tube is like nothing I've seen in other chokes. They should slow the wadding down quick.

WW

Mine just arrived in the mail today! I'll have a report shortly

Jtrimm

Just got my 650 also today . I will pattern it this next week with hevi 13 # 7 . Should get around 300 @40.