turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No.7 shot are they legit

Started by Turkey Agent, February 21, 2011, 09:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkey Agent

Anybody using them what's the effective range of them I know they look good on paper

ILIKEHEVI-13

Nope!  Do not use them.  They won't work.   :lol

I had to be one of the nay sayers who never tried them.   Well actually I was one of the doubting Thomas's. 

But read this and see for yourself.  I have been converted and am now a Hevi-13 certified shooter.   :lol:

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1421.0.html

ILIKEHEVI-13

You know if all the doubters and the 6 shot users only would just give the 7's a go, it would just be a matter of time before this stuff took over as the most popular Hevi-Shot turkey loads.  Heck it already is the second most popular load I do believe.

Gobble!

Yes I have killed birds at 55 yards using 7s
I have no doubt I could kill a bird at 60

yukonhunter

www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

paladin

I'm using all 8 or 9 from now on.
"have gun-will travel"

gun for hire

They are the real deal.  They will kill a turkey a lot farther than most shooters have any business trying a shot.

hookedspur

Quote from: gun for hire on February 21, 2011, 12:09:02 PM
They are the real deal.  They will kill a turkey a lot farther than most shooters have any business trying a shot.
:agreed:100%
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Turkey Agent

Well have two boxes of HEVI-Shot 3-1/2" 2-1/4 oz # 7 on the way!

knightrider

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 21, 2011, 08:02:20 PM
Quote from: paladin on February 21, 2011, 12:00:52 PM
Regulars on this forum know that you are referring to TSS 8s and 9s. But for the sake of any folks out there reading this that are new to turkey hunting, don't you think it would be a good idea to mention that so they don't go out and try to kill turkeys with skeet loads?
:TooFunny:

Fullfan

I can tell you the Federal Heviweight #7 are the real deal. Smoked a gobbler in Ny last year at 35ish. and I blowed the $hit out of him. I have never killed a bird (yet) with the Hevi #7 though. Might just give them a test ride this spring, my 11-87 3" puts down some good numbers at 40 with the Hevi's.

I will keep you posted....
Don't gobble at me...

gobbler74

Nitro 7's, Fed 7'S, Em 7's,

Awful lot of 7's
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

beaverslayer

There was some guys around here last year, that killed some hogs with the Federal 7's while turkey hunting.  Said it dropped them like a sack of taters.

joshua

The 7s are the next evolution of turkey shells.  Throwing that many pellets in that tight of a pattern = destruction.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

SR1

Quote from: Spuriosity on February 21, 2011, 08:02:20 PM
Quote from: paladin on February 21, 2011, 12:00:52 PM
Regulars on this forum know that you are referring to TSS 8s and 9s. But for the sake of any folks out there reading this that are new to turkey hunting, don't you think it would be a good idea to mention that so they don't go out and try to kill turkeys with skeet loads?
:fud: :newmascot: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]