OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

gun superstitions?

Started by SWAMPFOX, February 16, 2012, 09:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrophyTracker

I hunt with different guns almost daily, but I wait until Pump 12 clears at the Mobil station in town, before I get my gas. I don't care if there's a motorhome that is filling up, I will sit at pump 11 until whoever it is finishes, and then pull into my pump. Superstition and rituals are what make Turkey Hunting so great. Those extra little things that you do let you know you are a part of something special. Do what feels right!
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

FullChoke

Not so much a superstition as it is a tradition. At the close of legal hunting time (30 minutes past sunset) on the last day of each spring season, I shoot one shot into the air in a one-gun salute to the gobblers that so skillfully evaded me and to let them know that I won't use that particular shell against them ever again. It is now theirs. I bid them a fond farewell in the growing darkness and head to the house.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Neill_Prater

My trusty 11-87 let me down on a trip to Alabama several years ago when an internal spring broke. I had a backup with me, an old Browning A-5, 2 3/4 inch chamber, 30 inch full choke barrel. Killed two birds with it that trip. I just had to make sure the birds were a little closer and that I was down on the stock, looking at the bead.

Trevor2

All in your head man. I killed a bird with a new gun every year for three years lol. Started with my dads 870, then switched my to mossberg 535, sold it and got my 870 special purpose. Now Im sticking with the sp.
Strutstopper