OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Star Dot for my mossberg 835......

Started by haganbd1, February 15, 2012, 11:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haganbd1

I know this is apparently like the holy grail, but Ive been looking for one of these chokes for at least three years now, and have had no luck.  Does anyone know of where I can get one of these?  Anyone have one that they are wanting to sell?  Ive got a few chokes, gobbln thunder, tru glo, etc.  Im really wanting to get all these out and compare, and see if the hype of the star dot is for real. Im sure it is, due to all the reviews I have read over the years.  I really do appreciate you guys reading this. im new to the forum, but got a feeling im gonna spend many hours here.lol.

anybody out there that can help me out?  star dot choke for mossberg 835

ILIKEHEVI-13

That is the hardest Star Dot to find since they shoot so well in this gun.  All you can do is keep searching, or offer to pay a pretty premium to someone who has one. 

haganbd1

yea i plan on searching i guess, untill i find one.  its weird, around here where im from, kentucky, no one knows what i am talking about, when i mention star dot.  everyone i ask, has never heard of them.  just not asking the right ones i guess.   

grousec

I live in Kentucky as well and stumbled up on one in a remote pawn-gun shop.  It had been used but was put back in package and just laying on the bottom shelf under some chokes they had hanging up.  Bought it for $19.00 I believe it was.  So don't give up and if you are out and about stop in those shops.  They didn't know anything about the one I bought.

haganbd1

ah man thats awesome.  id love to stumble accross one like that.  so what part of ky you from?  im around bowling green, few miles east. 

and i got to ask, hope you dont mind....would you be willing to sell the one you got?   

pullit

If you run into 2 of them, let me know as  I have been looking for one for about a year now. One of these days I hope to get lucky.

Philippe

I asked around on here for one last year and nobody offered lol. Finding one of those is about like winning the lottery anymore.

grousec

I am more central KY.  I live in Mount Sterling (east of Lexington about 40 miles).
No right now I don't want to sell it.  But I will put it on here if I ever decide to.

haganbd1

sounds good grousec.  yea pullit, i will keep you in mind. lol.  ive checked every store, pawn shop, hole in the ground i can think of around here.  what kind of choke do you all use, assuming you got the mossberg 835?

pullit

I have a 935 and I am using a SSX. I also have a Pure Gold that I need to sell as I don't use it, just have not got around to listing it.

TrkyHntr

I was just in lonnie's sporting goods in corinth miss. There was 2 stardots for the 835 there for $24.99. I don't have the number with me, but they might would ship them. Never hurts to try.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

MERCing

Went thru roughly the same thing while looking for one for my 935 and eventually found one in a little "hole in the wall" sporting good store and paid a premium for it.
It definitely patterns well and compares so closely to the Rhino choke tube I had that I ended up trading off the Rhino choke.
Surprisingly though, I have a Carlsons (non ported) .675 that patterns a tad better with HTL 5's and 6's than either the Star Dot or the Rhino in my gun. I use HTL 7's in my 20 ga set up but haven't tried any 7's thru either of my 12 ga guns.

Philippe

Quote from: TrkyHntr on February 18, 2012, 05:48:36 PM
I was just in lonnie's sporting goods in corinth miss. There was 2 stardots for the 835 there for $24.99. I don't have the number with me, but they might would ship them. Never hurts to try.

Shane

They got one left now lol, thanks for the heads up!

haganbd1

CRAAAPPP!!!!  YOU GUYS ARE FAST. LOL.  I CALLED AND SAID HE JUST SOLD TWO OF EM, IN THE LAST TEN MINUTES.  THE DUDE IN CORINTH MISS.  GUY WAS ROLLN WHEN I CALLED. HE SAID, MAN IVE NOT SOLD ANY OF THESE IN TEN YEARS OR MORE.  WHERE IN THE WORLD YOU HEARING BOUT THIS FROM?  SO LONG STORY SHORT, I GOT NO CHOKE, BUT PROBLY GONNA BE A NEW MEMBER TO THE FORUM HERE PRETTY SOON. LOL.  CONGRATS GUYS, GOOD SCORE.  AND THANKS TRKYHNTR FOR THE INFO. 

TrkyHntr

I'll keep a look out, if I find anymore I will let you all know.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!