OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mossberg tells its loyal customers to "pound sand!"

Started by bowhunter32, February 21, 2011, 08:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Back in the early/mid 90s Remington did exactly the same thing when they brought out their Turkey Express 870 with the 21"(?) barrel.  It was at least two years before you could order that barrel alone.  They wanted to sell the whole gun.  I have a friend that hasn't bought anything Remington since.  He's still p.o.ed 

Reloader

I've seen quite a few different autos run in pit blinds for 1000s of shots.  Out of several 1187s, can't remember a single problem. Can't say that for the others :D

:popcorn:

frank25

goblr77

I quit using Remington automatics a long time ago. I have had too many instances with both 1100's and 1187's jamming and becoming single shots. Since I started shooting Berettas (390, 3901, & 391) around twelve years ago I have had zero malfunctions. They continue to function no matter the conditions and how many rounds you run through them. I rarely ever see Remington autos on the dove fields in south GA, except for some ol' timers, and never in the duck blinds in Mississippi and Arkansas, at least among the fellows I hunt with.

savduck

Quote from: goblr77 on February 23, 2011, 06:43:21 PM
I quit using Remington automatics a long time ago. I have had too many instances with both 1100's and 1187's jamming and becoming single shots. Since I started shooting Berettas (390, 3901, & 391) around twelve years ago I have had zero malfunctions. They continue to function no matter the conditions and how many rounds you run through them. I rarely ever see Remington autos on the dove fields in south GA, except for some ol' timers, and never in the duck blinds in Mississippi and Arkansas, at least among the fellows I hunt with.

My Dad is a die Hard Remington Man. Ive seen a few 1100 actions freeze up when the temps get cold. Ive seen a few o rings go bad. Never heard anything bad about the 1187 though. I prefer beretta 390s myself. Have two, about to get another.
Georgia Boy

bhanks55

Quote from: goblr77 on February 21, 2011, 11:53:11 AM
Mossberg's customer service is generally a lot better than Remington's.

That is because they get SO much practice. :whip2:

surehuntsalot

Quote from: goblr77 on February 22, 2011, 10:03:52 AM
Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 21, 2011, 12:41:58 PM
I've never needed Remington's customer srevice  :cowboy:

Then you haven't done much wing shooting with Remington automatics. :popcorn:

I'll second  that,they don't call them jamomatics for no reason
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider

Quote from: bhanks55 on February 23, 2011, 09:45:19 PM

ive shot mossy's since 89 and have not had the first problem with them :z-guntootsmiley:

S.C.C

Quote from: knightrider on February 23, 2011, 11:23:22 PM

ive shot mossy's since 89 and have not had the first problem with them :z-guntootsmiley:
Better knock on some wood quick!!! :TooFunny:

knightrider

Quote from: S.C.C on February 23, 2011, 11:30:04 PM
Quote from: knightrider on February 23, 2011, 11:23:22 PM

Better knock on some wood quick!!! :TooFunny:
22 years without a problem i think im good :z-winnersmiley:

grousec

I had bad experience with Remington on a gun 11 mons old.  Sold the gun and was left with a bad taste for this american co.  The good thing is that most remingtons don't require customer service.  But if you do I hope you are treated like you are appericated as a customer.

jayslim

Buy the stock off of gunbroker or combatstocks for $75shipped and send it off and have it dipped. It's the same stock and I guarantee it will be about the same price if would be to buy one directly from mossy.  Also if you don't care if your camo matches my a mydipkit and do it yourself.

That's what I plan to do.

Quote from: bowhunter32 on February 21, 2011, 08:26:35 AM
these big companys tick me off!!! i wanted a camo choate stock for my 935 grand slam...mossberg told me it they are not selling them individually because if they did no ome would buy the new shotgun!!  what about the old customers..she said maybe toward the end =of the year!!!that sure as heck dont help me now!!always the same with these big companys if you are a new customer, whatever you want, but old customers "pound sand!!!'...sorry guys just a little ticked!!!!!! >:( ???

Reloader

Quote from: savduck on February 23, 2011, 07:13:56 PM
Quote from: goblr77 on February 23, 2011, 06:43:21 PM

My Dad is a die Hard Remington Man. Ive seen a few 1100 actions freeze up when the temps get cold. Ive seen a few o rings go bad. Never heard anything bad about the 1187 though. I prefer beretta 390s myself. Have two, about to get another.

I've seen many 1187s put through pure hell in rice fields and they still went "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM" as Phil would say :D

The problem with the majority of Reminton autos as well as many other autos I've seen has been improper cleaning(especiially with your "freeze up" comment).Autos do not like oil smeared on everything like many think and that goes for most autos(not just Rem). Clean them well, wipe oil on, wipe it off, and carry on. While I haven't had any problems with O-rings, that's also an item that benefits from proper cleaning(quite cheap to replace as well).

I kept my options open for the best lightweight auto shotgun on my latest shotgun purchase and after looking at many, I went with the SX3.  My 1187s are much heavier than the SX3, but they control recoil much better IMO  Matter of fact the 1187s control recoil better than any auto I've shot. 

Have a good one,

Reloader

Reloader

Quotethe 391 is the finest gas operated auto out there.

Better than the SX3?  :D

hunter177

I've used both Mossberg's and Remington's customer service departments on more than one occassion and have been more than satisfied. They answered my questions and the reps were always knowledgeable and polite.
TriStar Viper G2 12 ga.
26" barrel, black synthetic stock
TruGlo Gobble Stopper Extreme .665 choke
Winchester DoubleX, 3", 1125 fps., 2 oz. #5 shot