OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What Happened?

Started by guesswho, February 15, 2012, 09:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

Everyone by now probably realizes there are no turkeys left in Alabama.   But does anyone know what happened to them.   My theory is that between the N.W.T.F trapping them and relocationg them to their executives private land and where Gobblenut hunts, and all those danged Florida panthers that moved up here,  they have completely wiped out the population.   Occasionally you will hear rumor of one being spotted, but they also spot just as many Bigfoot's .  I thought I heard one last year so I took off after it.  Turns out it was a fat kid running with a box call in his back pocket.  I was pretty bummed but not really surprised, except for the fact that the fat kid was running.  It was around lunch time so he may have been heading home.

Any other theories out there?   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

chatterbox

Quote from: guesswho on February 15, 2012, 09:12:29 PM
I thought I heard one last year so I took off after it.  Turns out it was a fat kid running with a box call in his back pocket.  I was pretty bummed but not really surprised, except for the fact that the fat kid was running.  It was around lunch time so he may have been heading home.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Ol'Mossy

Everyone by now probably realizes there are no turkeys left in Alabama.   But does anyone know what happened to them.   My theory is that between the N.W.T.F trapping them and relocationg them to their executives private land and where Gobblenut hunts, and all those danged Florida panthers that moved up here,  they have completely wiped out the population.   Occasionally you will hear rumor of one being spotted, but they also spot just as many Bigfoot's .  I thought I heard one last year so I took off after it.  Turns out it was a fat kid running with a box call in his back pocket.  I was pretty bummed but not really surprised, except for the fact that the fat kid was running.  It was around lunch time so he may have been heading home.

You need to slap yourself and wake up!!

drenalinld

My theory is certain unnamed moderators on this forum killed all the gobblers and the hens died of old age?

joshb311

They all died because they were relying on coverage from ObamaCare possibly?

guesswho

BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Spurcollecta

Same thing over here in MS!! Except the fat kid had a squealin hen..

bird

You think maybe the Squealing Hen caused such a disturbance with the turkey psyche that they all turned gay and became sterile resulting in the extinction of the wild turkey.

guesswho

Quote from: bird on February 15, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
You think maybe the Squealing Hen caused such a disturbance with the turkey psyche that they all turned gay and became sterile resulting in the extinction of the wild turkey.
You might be on to something.  That could explain all those funny gobblers I see on hunting shows trying to mount a Jake decoy.  Dang pervy turkeys.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Eric Gregg

:TooFunny:

bonemonger

auburn supporter's  poisoned them to get at those tide fans!

redarrow

Sounds like Alabama DNR is taking advice from Michigan DNR. Those idiots trapped our birds in northern Mi. a few years ago and sent them to southern Mi. to build up the flocks. Well a couple bad winter and there were no birds to be found in the wild turkey capital of Mi. ( Fairview). Well guess what  ? last year they started trapping southern birds and relocating them back up north. Go figure.

turkey slayer

Quote from: guesswho on February 15, 2012, 09:41:28 PM
You might be on to something.  That could explain all those funny gobblers I see on hunting shows trying to mount a Jake decoy.  Dang pervy turkeys.
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

MDbowman

Quote from: redarrow on February 15, 2012, 10:20:46 PM
Those idiots trapped our birds in northern Mi. a few years ago and sent them to southern Mi. to build up the flocks. Well a couple bad winter and there were no birds to be found in the wild turkey capital of Mi. ( Fairview). Well guess what  ? last year they started trapping southern birds and relocating them back up north. Go figure.

Now that sounds like job security if you ask me!!