Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do you carry a tailfan into the woods?

Started by Tail Feathers, February 15, 2012, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

I expect to do some field hunting this spring and I bought a strutter and hen deke set.  They come with a mesh bag to carry them.
I'd like to use a real tailfan but how do I carry that out there without boogering it up too much?  Of course, carrying the cheap paper looking tailfan that came with it would be an issue too.  It doesn't fold... :help:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

fitter

I use primos fan holder and fold it up in my vest :OGturkeyhead: :funnyturkey:

Gobble!

Gamblinman

Made my own out of heavy stock cardboard that I waterproofed, and 3 spring steel money clips. When it shuts, the spring steel holds the feathers flat.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

redarrow

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: I"m sorry guys,but I think I really need help. I thought it said" How do you carry a taliban into the woods,and I thought by the neck of course.

timbrhuntr

I usually save all the fans from the birds I kill and in the off season I make decoy fans with them all. I have about 10 made up right now. I just carry it in my decoy bag and if it gets to bad I switch it out.

zeus26

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 15, 2012, 05:59:09 PM
Made my own out of heavy stock cardboard that I waterproofed, and 3 spring steel money clips. When it shuts, the spring steel holds the feathers flat.

Gman

You wouldn't happen to have a pic, would you?

Tail Feathers

Quote from: redarrow on February 15, 2012, 06:55:29 PM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: I"m sorry guys,but I think I really need help. I thought it said" How do you carry a taliban into the woods,and I thought by the neck of course.
That one is easy.  Drag 'em in, bury 'em deep and then bury the shovel. :OGturkeyhead:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Crappiepro

I took a an old army duffle bag and cut it down and put 2 pieces of card board the same size as the bag and used the heavy black paper clips to hold it closed. I was pretty proud of what I made and it worked great until the mice got in it and eat up my fan and pee'd everywhere inside the bag. It stunk bad and wasn't taken that anywhere with me LOL.
I'm lookin for another army duffle bag to make another one but this time I won't leave it on the shelf in the garage LOL.

wvboy

Quote from: fitter on February 15, 2012, 05:51:30 PM
I use primos fan holder and fold it up in my vest :OGturkeyhead: :funnyturkey:

Ditto ..  it is just easier with the fold up fan holder.. put a ruber band around the bottom of it and it is super easy..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads