OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shurshot or Knoxx for my 870

Started by BrowningGuy88, February 15, 2012, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Guys

My 870 compact is a little short for me and I want to upgrade the stock. I really like the shurshot style, but would only need the butt stock since I like my short fore end.

My questions are:

Do you prefer the knoxx or the shurshot?

Where can I buy the Shurshot 20 gauge butt stock only?

BrowningGuy88

southernfly

i have both and like both but went with knoxx so i can adjust it when i take kids hunting.

gophert

Quote from: southernfly on February 15, 2012, 06:11:12 PM
i have both and like both but went with knoxx so i can adjust it when i take kids hunting.

Exactly why I got it.  My daughter (age 11) shoots Fed #7's and I shoot TSS #9's....and it's a perfect fit for both of us due to the adjustability. 

bunk

I have had both stocks on my 12ga and I like the feel of the shurshot better than the knoxx but I use optics. The shurshot has a raised comb and I can't get down on the bead good with the shurshot but it's fine with optics. I have a knoxx on my 20ga for the same reason as others have mentioned, for kids or the wife. I like the adjustable stock for different shooters.

chipper

I just put the knoxx on my sons 20 along with a black forearm, He loveS it!! I've got to have shoulder surgery in the next week or two and recovery is going to run into turkey season on me I'm afraid so the 12 I doubt will be used this year but I have the adjustablity with the knoxx so both of us can use it plus it reduces recoil.

paladin

I got a Knoxx recoil reducing on an 835 and a sureshot on an 870. I like the Knoxx better.
"have gun-will travel"

Eric Gregg

I have the Shur Shot stock on mine and I love it. Helps me to hold gun more steady. I shoot 3" loads out of my 20, and when trying it out on the Shur Shot stock I didd not notice any tremendous recoil on my hand that was on the "pistol grip" part. I did feel the recoil, but nothing to complain about.
It is perfect if you use a barrel with a vent rib and bead.
No complaints here.

BD1

Do u have a link & model # for both stocks???

Thanks

swamppirate

Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

20Gaugesmack

ssramage

I've had both and preferred the Knoxx due to the adjustability

goblr77

Knoxx. Keep in mind the felt recoil is reduced but the recoil is still there. The muzzle jump is reduced but the gun does move quite a bit in a straight line. I put a limbsaver on mine and it makes it "trampoline" more but you don't feel it.

BrowningGuy88

thanks for all the replies guys! I have decided to leave it as is. Advantage Camo stocks and Matte receiver/barrel. Going to drop on a FFIII and call it good. Just going to buy another gun and use this one for kids/ladies.

redleg06

I have one of each and I prefer the knoxx because it's adjustable in length and it's functionality is as good as it gets.