OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

alabama public land

Started by Rockhound, February 15, 2012, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleburne

There are no turkeys here in Alabama. Now Tenn, thats a different story.

Flydown

Yall are wrong! We got some turkeys in Bama I saw 15 or 16 turkeys on my home this afternoon.I took a picture to prove it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dirtybird555

Nope no birds here. But if you want to try anyway you have the freedom hills wma about 35 min from the shoals( 3 miles from my house) or you have the bankhead wma in moulton( get pretty crowded). These are the only 2 i hunt. If you decide to try freedom hills hollar at me and i will see if i cant help you get a pogo thunderchicken (pogo is the community where i live).

chatterbox

Quote from: Flydown on February 15, 2012, 11:22:23 PM
Yall are wrong! We got some turkeys in Bama I saw 15 or 16 turkeys on my home this afternoon.I took a picture to prove it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

n2deer

What would you consider close?

Rockhound

Quote from: Dirtybird555 on February 16, 2012, 12:53:40 AM
Nope no birds here. But if you want to try anyway you have the freedom hills wma about 35 min from the shoals( 3 miles from my house) or you have the bankhead wma in moulton( get pretty crowded). These are the only 2 i hunt. If you decide to try freedom hills hollar at me and i will see if i cant help you get a pogo thunderchicken (pogo is the community where i live).

where exactly is freedom hills and i might just do that and good luck to all you guys headed to tn southern lawrence and wayne counties are desolate i remember when i could walk out my door and hear 15 gobblers now its zip. they found some dead with local farmers corn in there stomach and craw the twra is working on it i reckon maybe a chemical i reckon. I have a farmi in lauderdale that is flat covered up with gobblers only problem is its on the side of lauderdale that doesnt have a season  :(

Dirtybird555

http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/hunting/land/wildlife-areas/wmamaps/Freedom%20Hills%202011-2012.pdf
This is the wma. Take 72 out of tuscumbia head west. Like I said I would be happy to show you around.