turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

alabama public land

Started by Rockhound, February 15, 2012, 10:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockhound

Anyone know of good public land around the shoals area i work in florence and if there is im goin to buy my al license so i can get to the woods thirty min earlier

CASH

THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN ALABAMA
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Neill_Prater

Cash is partially right. I hunt Alabama each spring, in the southern part of the state, and on most public land the birds aren't exactly plentiful, but there are enough to hunt.

I've only hunted up around Florence one time, several years ago. At that time, the population was pretty low, but I did hear a couple of birds. Go to the Alabama wildlife department website for public areas. I think the season in that area does not start until around April 1. There are several members on here from that area, maybe they can shed more light on the subject. Good luck.

TennLongspur

Cash is definately joking. Alabama has one of the largest per capita turkey populations in the U.S. - other than maybe Missouri.

Since Tennessee doesn't open until two weeks after the Alabama season, I kick the year off with a three day hunt in Alabama. I typically hunt in the northern section of the Talladega National Forrest area, but there should be places all over that offer good hunting.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Beretta686

Cash is not Joking. No turkeys in Alabama
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

guesswho

I moved to Bama in 1993 and ain't seen one yet.  Good luck.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

chatterbox

Quote from: CASH on February 15, 2012, 10:30:47 AM
THERE ARE NO TURKEYS IN ALABAMA
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............. Are you sure? ;D

BrowningGuy88

Cash is right, there are absolutely zero turkeys here in Dixie! That is why we come here so we can see the birds you guys in other states kill!

TennLongspur

"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

CASH

T-town

Nope, no birds in Bama. I think there's a few in Tennessee across the line from the Shoals area

Shotgun

Quote from: TennLongspur on February 15, 2012, 05:26:42 PM
350,000 turkeys can't be wrong.

http://www.nwtf.org/articles.php?id=10170

That's an old article all the turkeys have been killed since that article was written.

gooblnfever

cash is right! no more turkey here :fud:

Houndstooth Game Calls

Last time I heard about a turkey it was a rumor!!!