OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where do you hunt?

Started by reflexl, February 15, 2012, 09:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

Not trying to get your secret spot but if you have pics of your hunting grounds I like to see what kind of terrain you chase thunder chickens in. Here are a few of mine. Davy Crockett actualy hunted this land in Lincoln Co before moving west.reflex264

hoyt

I do 99% of my turkey hunting in hardwoods.

TennLongspur

I don't have picture of it handy, but I too hunt mostly in the hardwoods, and pines.

There is one secret honey hole that I have found where we hunt on a field an the edge of a swamp. You can only access it (legally) by boat and you have to fight off the snakes and mosquitoes, but it is definately worth it. It is the closest to a sure thing that I have ever found in turkey hunting. We don't usually go there until late in the season because it is public and you will definately run into other hunters if you go early. It may be right off the roost or it may not be until 3 that afternoon, but they will definately be ther if you wait for them. That is typically not my favorite type of turkey hunting. I want to hear them gobble and go after them.
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

turkey slayer

Wow thats some beautiful country!

stinkpickle

Quote from: hoyt on February 15, 2012, 09:57:09 AM
I do 99% of my turkey hunting in hardwoods.

Almost the exact opposite of this^^^.     :(

stone road turkey calls

what rubed that tree, a wooly mammoth. davy better look out
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

CallMaker

This is at the foot of the mountain that I usually hunt.
Steven

redarrow

K9Doc

Dang.  West Virginia looks like Heaven.  You are truly blessed to be hunting there.
I am jealous.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

TauntoHawk

Wish I had some pictures.. i get to hunt some real beautiful landscape from along the Hudson river and Catskill mountains of NY to rolling PA hills.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hoyt

Quote from: stone road turkey calls on February 15, 2012, 02:44:59 PM
what rubed that tree, a wooly mammoth. davy better look out

I don't know what rubbed it...a wooly mammoth might have rubbed this one though..

reflexl

Yep WV is a beautiful place. reflexl

kruk

Not very good pictures, but here was one setup last year.

Curtis

MizzouOutdoors

No pics, but I mostly hunt the family farm that was founded by my Great, great grandparents in SE Missouri.  It is a mix of creek bottoms and hardwoods. A very special place for me to spend time and is a registered Century Farm.  The farm house sits on a high ridge in the middle of 450 acres.  The perfect spot to listen for birds and run and gun them birds!

slb9981

I hunt in northeast Florida and hunt a lot of hardwood creeks. I have access to around 12,000 acres of private land. Sure can't wait to get out this year.