OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Is Pattern on paper a true test.

Started by SumToy, February 20, 2011, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 25, 2011, 12:26:12 AM
Sum, you are going to have me going through my extensive DVD library.. I think it is an older HS Strut DVD.. And if I remember correctly the bird is hit the head rocks back and half the string passes over the head meaning the reaction to the initial shot is faster than the entire shot string hitting the head.

So now you have my mind churning and we are on the same page.. So what good is 100 in the head and neck with a long shot string if 50 of the pellets never even do any work as the first 20 had already did the dirty work or do they ?????????????..

Or, Or, What is the possibilities if we can shorten the shot string so that a larger number of pellets are hitting at the initial moment of impact thus increasing damage and insuring that a larger number of shot is going to be hitting the bird thus insuring more will be in vital areas.

Alot of this is over our heads and would require some HD video footage and a dude that is really good at physics to determine the benefits of a shorter shot string hitting a bird vs reaction time..

But another thing to consider is a shorter shot string will entail more pellets crashing into each other thus more flyers..

That was what I was talking about.  The bird is like the block of wood..  Now I think the ball of shoot is better but that could be because I have figured it out. LOL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA