turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If It Aint One Thing Its Another.

Started by redarrow, February 20, 2011, 11:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Decided to take a break from OG for a potty break and heard a strange noise coming from the basement. Looked down the stairs and the basement is flooded. The water heated gave up the ghost.Water spewing out the  bottom, and the shut off valve wouldn't work so I had to shut down the whole house. Good news is I have utility insurance to cover it.You would think it should have lasted more than 30 years.  :character0029:

4nwtf

Limbstrutter

Man that stinks, they just don't make things like they use too.  When you replace it make sure they or you put ball valves on the hot and the cold sides. Ball valves will last you longer. Good luck.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

FttFttVroom!

I feel your pain man.  Last summer it was the AC and the wife was 8 months pregnant to boot!

knightrider

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

OLE RASPY

redarrow

What really sux is $750.00. But I get a $300.00 Green Bucks rebate. Still,450 smackers this close to Tommy time really sux.

Basser69

Quote from: redarrow on February 21, 2011, 05:31:44 PM
What really sux is $750.00. But I get a $300.00 Green Bucks rebate. Still,450 smackers this close to Tommy time really sux.

Ouch! That really does sux!

Hognutz

I feel your pain, Red. The worst possible thing, at the worst possible time. But the good news. It could've been worse..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Hoosierhunter

Quote from: redarrow on February 21, 2011, 05:31:44 PM

That would of ran close to 1,000.00 around here

harvester

TrackeySauresRex

I'm feelin' your pain Red,I just replaced my boiler  >:(  not happy! good luck at least we both have hot water now..
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

mossybird

RutnNStrutn

That's one of the few good things about living in FLA. We don't have basements. My hot water heater is in the garage, so when it gave up the ghost, it went under the garage door and down the driveway.