only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos is......

Started by CASH, February 14, 2012, 03:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paboxcall

Quote from: Gobble! on February 14, 2012, 10:01:27 PM
Quote from: bbcoach on February 14, 2012, 08:45:00 PM
Primos has them on their website for $14.99.  Or two for the low low price of $24.99.  I'll continue to get mine from the FINE Companies that advertise here on OG.  These calls have proven themselves, year after year!

Primos has proved themselves year after year. Don't get me wrong I support these custom call makers and will continue to but primos also makes good calls......extremely expensive because I their name but still good calls.

I cannot speak to their friction line, but the only mouth call I carry and run anymore is one of their stack frame calls.  That is one raspy sounding call that strikes a lot of birds for me.

:icon_thumright:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

K9Doc

That is absolutely obsurd!!!!  How much does that thing cost to make?  10 cents at best.
All that traveling around with his crew I guess makes for some expensive R&D.
I call BS.  No matter how good it sounds, I bet i can kill just as many birds with a 5 dollar call any day of the week and twice on Sunday!!!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Rockhound

fitter

not worth that kind of money

gordongekko

I killed a lot of birds with a primos mouth call...switched to Hook's 3years ago and use some head rusher calls as well, they are consistent from call to call...couldn't say the same for primos 3 years ago....
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

rempumpman

Is it not  AMAZING that we will complain about the price of a mouth call being 10 or so dollars BUT we justify paying 40.00 for 10 turkey shells?...................... :TrainWreck1:

God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Eric Gregg

That is steep. Most I have paid for one was $8.
I bought a custom call from a company in Alabama and loved that.
I like Will and the crew, but that is getting up there.

bigthunderchicken

i guess im a dummy. i bought one. they sound pretty good only a dollar more than woodhaven. but they are definitely nothing special.  :help:
Chase

Gobble!

They are the coolest looking mouth call!!!!
That's where the additional $10 comes from

MizzouOutdoors

For that kind of cash.....I can support a local Hooker!!! :lol:

stone road turkey calls

when you buy that call do you get kissed or just #$^@(#
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

fallhnt

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

hoyt

I've never been a big Primos fan..tried a lot of their calls, deer grunt tubes and turkey mouth calls. None ever stuck with me. The grunt tubes seemed to never work in real cold weather and the mouth call reeds were too thin for me.

I been buying nothing but custom turkey calls for the past 20yrs or so. All the mouth diaphragms are way over priced in my opinion, but so is everything else.

On a side note $10.00 or so ain't all that much for a mouth call when you use them as long as I do. I got some just as good as the day I bought them that are probably over 5yrs old. I freeze them in small container of water after the season.

Grunt-N-Gobble

hoyt..........

You freeze your mouth calls in water after the season??  Doesn't it effect the reeds at all??

Gobble!

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on February 15, 2012, 10:28:19 AM
hoyt..........

You freeze your mouth calls in water after the season??  Doesn't it effect the reeds at all??

I also freeze mine. It keeps the reeds separated and does not effect them in a bad way.