OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion, Tuesday, 2-14-12

Started by Duke0002, February 14, 2012, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"He who testifies to these things says, 'Surely I am coming soon.'  Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus!" -Revelation 22:20

Well, the countdown to the 2012 spring turkey season is here -turkey fever is infecting us!  Opening day is marked on our calenders, hunting trips have been planned, guns and equipment have been cleaned and checked, new items purchased.  It won't be long!  All great stuff for sure.

St. Peter (2 Peter 3:8-9) reminds you, "that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise as some count slowness."   Jesus continues to be your stronghold in all the days of your life on earth.  He proclaims (Matt 28:20), "Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

The Lord is compassionate and, not wishing that anyone should perish, is allowing time for unbelievers to repent and believe the Gospel.

Permit this spring turkey season, with all it's anticipation and preparation, to be a joyful reminder to you that something more important is heading your way  -His blessed return!   Each morning as you rise to hunt, include in your prayers "Come quickly Lord Jesus!"

We live, serve, love, and yes, hunt, in the expectation of His second coming!

-Dale

turkey slayer

Roostem33

"Behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." Praise God!!! Thanks for sharing Dale!!!

Jody

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)