turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Multiple beards

Started by jblackburn, February 14, 2012, 12:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

Reading through the longes beard thread got me thinking about multiple beards.

How many have taken multiple bearded birds?  I have never killed one.  I called in a nice double bearded eastern in MO two years ago, both were around 10 inches, if I remember right.

So lets hear (and see, if you got pics) about multi-bearded birds!

I have spring fever today!!!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

RS

I've taken 2 double bearded gobblers. The first one was from 2004 in the mountains in Ashe Co. NC. He had 9" & 6" beards.

The second was from 2009 in Halifax Co. in NE NC. He had 10" & 7" beards

Duke0002

Got a twin beard in IA last spring.  My first one.

guesswho

I've been lucky when it comes to multibeards.  The last two I  killed last year had four beards each.  I've killed around 40 multibeards in my life ranging from 2 to 7 beards.
The last two from last year

My all time best scoring

My last contest bird

A good triple beard killed a hundred yards or so from the one of the six bearded birds

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

stinkpickle

Still waiting...they're not very common on the farms I hunt.

Duke0002

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 14, 2012, 01:16:47 PM
Still waiting...they're not very common on the farms I hunt.

I guess the genetics are either in the local gene pool or not!  Never seen a double where I hunt in OH.

crenshawco

I've taken one each of the last two years from almost the same tree. They looked like brothers.

pullit

I have killed one with 4 beards and one with 2 beards

spurman

20+ years of turkey killing and only 1 double beard.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

TRKYHTR

I've killed 4. Called in a few other for other people. My bot killed a triple beard gobbler in the fall, with a pellet gun. Ronnie can I come and hunt where you killed that 6 bearded gobbler. Those genetics are awesome.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

njdevilsb

I got a double bearded jake a few years ago.  It was the last jake I shot, and I plan it to be the last one I ever shoot.  I was still young and shot any legal bird that came in.  My dad got a double beard last year.  It had a 9.25" and a 7" beard. 

K9Doc

Those are some really nice birds there Guesswho!!!
I have killed a dozen or so multi bearded birds.  Most have been easterns or Rios.
Killed a 5 beared Eastern in Kansas a couple of years ago.  They are a great bonus!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

buck_hunter21

My only double beard came 2 seasons ago. He had two 10.5 inch beards and 1.25 inch hooks.

Spill Blood

harleytom

Killed one w/ 5 a couple of years ago in Alabama. Two were about same length (9.5in) the other 3 were much shorter 2-3 in.

MOStrutter

I have shot a lot of turkeys and have called in alot of turkeys for other people, and no multi beards.  It's something that almost bothers you after awhile and stays in the back of your mind.  It will come someday though.