OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Why do plans fall through?

Started by HogBiologist, February 20, 2011, 10:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HogBiologist

Well, Uncle Obama was giving me back a good refund this year.  I was going to get 1 bill payed off, 1 bill payed down, get my wife a bow, and me a shotgun.  Now that i have money something came up (as usual  >:( ).  We need new tires on the truck .  Well that will suck about $900 out the budget.  And there is an issue that we have to take care of that will cost $250.  So now the budget has changed.  It is now Bills, Bow, Tires, and "issue".  The gun got kicked out the budget.  I was soooo looking forward to getting the SxS shotgun.  I had picked out some chokes and DIY camo dipping.  I was stoked.  Now I guess I'll have to wait another year.  :begging: Now I am sooooo Sad.  I do have plenty of guns though.  My wife does not have any toys, so I am happy to get her a bow.  She is getting really interested in doing some hunting.  I would really enjoy her going hunting with me.   
Certified Wildlife Biologist

unclerick

As long as the wifes happy, evrybodies happy,

hate to hear about them issues, they seem to come up around here alot.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

Basser69

Bro those "issues" stink. We have all been there but it still hurts. Hopefully everything will work out for you to get the SxS

Jay

Welcome to my world. Last year it was the roof, my crack insurance company wouldn't pay squat to fix. This year it's going to be $4000 to get teeth, to keep me from choking to death trying to gum down a steak. ::)

huntinhard

Seems to be the way things go. We decided to paint a room and the project cost is steady rising, my Bama trip is getting close to being in jeopardy, but gotta keep the house up and the wife happy. Part of living life but it sure gets old in a hurry. I feel like life is just like the smiley below.

:bike2:

HogBiologist

The "issue" is not really a bad thing.  Long story short, Daughter #1 was born before the wedding and has moms Maiden name (alot of issues that got sorted out after the fact).  We have to get it changed on the Birth Certificate.  We have the paper work, just have to pay to get it done.  That's gonna run $250.

Boomstick

Don't feel bad I was gonna pay off bills get my 4 yo little girl a pink 22 get my gf a pistol and get me a beat around s10 but that fell through bc the clutch blew out in her car and then the rear end went out in my truck. I got the pink 22 for my little girl and a pocket rocket for my gf, rebuilt my rear end, and now I'm replacing her clutch and rebuildin her tranny. I need to buy stock in gojo... The pink 22 was the most Important thing to me because she loves it.

Charlie
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness

Skeeterbait

That is life I guess.  But I commend you on being a good provider to your family and putting their needs and desires first.  Too often I see a man with expensive toys and his family is doing without needed items. 

turkey_slayer

Quote from: Jay on February 20, 2011, 10:46:06 PM
Welcome to my world. Last year it was the roof, my crack insurance company wouldn't pay squat to fix. This year it's going to be $4000 to get teeth, to keep me from choking to death trying to gum down a steak. ::)

Why are you insuring your crack for?  :goofball:  What my uncle always said "if it aint one thing its another"

Boomstick

Murphys law will kick you in the junk every time

HogBiologist

Well they say it's Murpheys Law, someone needs to shoot Murphey.

Boomstick

I've been trying to find that dude for a long time he's a sneaky bugger

mason0366

I know the feeling. Last two yearshas been rough. I had to have septic all replaced. Then had to have roof redone. Then had to have heat and air all replaced. :begging:

Tail Feathers

Ah...the lot of the working man.  It's our destiny to have our plans put off at the whim of chance.

There's always next year.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

turkey slayer