turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Longest beard

Started by jblackburn, February 13, 2012, 10:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I did a quick search but did not see a thread about beards, so if this is a repeat, I'm sorry!

As the title says, whats the longest bearded bird you have taken?

My longest is 12 1/2 inches.  I wish I new how to measure thickness, two years ago I killed one with an absolute paint brush!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

jarbo03

12.5" for me also, except mine was not a brush, was pretty skinny.

Bustabeak

TNTOM

deerhunt1988

I have two beards that are 11" and I got both birds on consecutive mornings in MO. I couldn't believe it.

HARDCORE

Turkeys have beards??    ;)

I'm a spur man myself, gotta love them looooong hooks!

Oh yeah, this is a beard thread, sorry.  ;D

Longest beard, 13.5 and I just gotta say (like it really makes any difference) that I killed that tom on public land, Backbone Creek, Greene Co. Alabama.  :happy0064:

Side note......his spurs we're less than an inch long. You would expect a SagDaddy like that would have been toting some serious spurs. Nope, just a two year old.  :'(   lol

HC

Wingbone

Have 2 that are 12.5". One of them came with 1/2" spurs, but the other came with 1.5" spurs. So apparently there is no correlation between beard and spur length.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Ol'Mossy

WildSpur

One of my birds had a single strand that reached 12".  The rest of the strands were in the 10.5-11 inch range.  I still called him a 12"er.  Seems like the rest of.my.birds are in the 9" range.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

chipper

guesswho

Single beard a tad over 13",  Multibeard 56"
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

drenalinld

Quote from: Hardcore on February 14, 2012, 12:02:05 AM
Turkeys have beards??    ;)

I'm a spur man myself, gotta love them looooong hooks!

Oh yeah, this is a beard thread, sorry.  ;D

Longest beard, 13.5 and I just gotta say (like it really makes any difference) that I killed that tom on public land, Backbone Creek, Greene Co. Alabama.  :happy0064:

Side note......his spurs we're less than an inch long. You would expect a SagDaddy like that would have been toting some serious spurs. Nope, just a two year old.  :'(   lol

HC

Was that the last gobbler in Alabama?

drenalinld

RS

11.75" from upstate SC in 2005