OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Longest beard

Started by jblackburn, February 13, 2012, 10:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler777

11 1/2"...some nice photos and trophies here...CONGRATS TO ALL      My preference ... a long set of hooks.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

nate829

My Longest beard was 11 1/4" Unfortunately our dog, who has never tore up anything in her life, found my beard collection one day and only took one out to be a chew toy. It was my 11 1/4" beard!!! I did manage to epoxy it back together some what. It is now 11 1/8".

derek

www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

ElkTurkMan

I-55Bandit

DC1.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Basin_hunter

I'm slacking in this category, mine is 10 1/2 inch paint brush.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

BrowningGuy88

Out of the 29 longbeards I have dirt napped, probably 26 of them were 8.5 to 9.5 inches. I never could break the 10" mark. Well in one season, back to back weekends I killed three toms. 10.5", 11" and 12.5". All of them had 1.25 to 1.5" spurs.

I am a spur man personally, but it about killed me when a rat got my 12.5 incher!

REBELYELL

CASH

Quote from: drenalinld on February 14, 2012, 07:44:31 AM
Quote from: CASH on February 14, 2012, 12:41:14 AM
11 3/4
x several. I can't break the 12" barrier.

That's me with spurs. Haven't broken the inch mark yet. Of course all the ones I screwed up on prolly had daggers.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

HARDCORE

Quote from: drenalinld on February 14, 2012, 07:43:32 AM

Was that the last gobbler in Alabama?

Nah, that was years ago, I've seen 2 maybe 3 since then.  :)

HC

njdevilsb

I still don't have one over 10.  9.5 is my biggest out of 15 or so.  Maybe this year.

crenshawco

11" for me. Killed him in a double with a buddy last year and my buddy's bird had a 12.5 " beard

buck_hunter21

The longest beard would be 10.5 inches. However, that bird was sporting two 10.5 inch beards. So does that count as 21 inches  ;D
Spill Blood