OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crossed over!

Started by chatterbox, February 13, 2012, 07:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

Well guys, Harrison did it! He crossed over into Boy Scouts following his Arrow of Light Ceramony!
His mother and I are very proud of him! Here are some pics. Sorry they are not the best quality.
Recieving his Arrow(note the extreme concentration! :TooFunny:)

Finally, a Boy Scout! He is 3rd from the left.

I don't think he will continue on after this year, but Scouts taught him alot. Sports has become the important thing for him, but he can always return to scouting if he chooses to.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Beretta686

That is awesome. Remind him his scouting journey is just begining its a long trail to Eagle.

I have been in Scouting my entire life. It is a great program. I earned my Arrow of Light and Eagle Scout rank. My son earned his Eagle rank 2 years ago.

Tell him job well done and the fun really begins now. I'm an assistant scoutmaster in our troop and work on the district level. My father is a Silver Beaver recipient.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

wmd

Congratulations to the young man! 

Flydown

That is great! Congrats to Harrison!  :you_rock: :you_rock:

handcannon

Congratulations Harrison! I know your proud of him.

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Shotgun

WyoHunter

Congrats! Great accomplishment!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Nick_The_Tinkerer

HARDCORE

That's AWESOME buddy!

I know Harrison is proud of himself, I know you are as well.    :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

HC

fitter

more kids need to be in that  :icon_thumright:

woodwzrd

That is awesome. Now he can begin the journey to Eagle. Eagle is probably one of the toughest things a young man can accomplish. With peer pressure and all the pressures of being a teen it is tough but with your encouragement and good leaders he'll make it.

Like some of the others here I have been involved in scouting most of my life and there is little that is more fulfilling than to see a young man that you have worked with for a few to several years reach Eagle. It is an accomplishment that he will cherish for the rest of his life and it will set him apart for so many kids his age.