turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is the strangest place that you set up & killed a gobbler

Started by TANK, February 20, 2011, 09:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

whitelightning

Laying in the middle of a beach like area.  Nothing around me but sand. 

boyhowdy

Quote from: whitelightning on February 24, 2011, 04:31:08 PM
Laying in the middle of a beach like area.  Nothing around me but sand. 

reminds me of the song 'rub it in'

Reloader

I was pulling into the driveway of a camp we were staying at and saw a tom across a field on the other side of a busy highway. Hid the truck somewhat, snuck over to a big cottonwood, called that rascal across the hwy, and smoked him.

I was walking back to the truck on the last day of a hunt and saw 3 toms strutting behind the truck, so I lined the truck up btwn us and watched them through the tented rear glass from the front bumper.  Hit them one time and they fired up, two headed straight to the truck and when they hit about 20 yds, I made a quick move to the left of the truck and piled em both up. Still remember the sound of the hulls bouncing off the hood :D

OldMarine

Several years ago I drove back to the hunting club in Greene Co, Alabama after hunting 21 days straight and a 2 day break.The forecast was for tornadoes when I arrived at camp and one come over our camp house about 0400 and at gobbling time the rain and wind was fierce so I went back to bed. I raised the window at 0500 as the humidity rose after the storm passed.I was awaken by a gobble.

I thought I was dreaming ,but I walked out on the porch to listen and I heard him again.I dressed quicker than a fireman and walked out in the yard to listen   behind some empty dog boxes and yelped on a snuff can and the gobbler cut my call.I set up in the front of the dog houses next to a barbed wire fence and he was in the bottom across the boundary line  gobbling to every clap of thunder.I called him up to the yard ,killed him  and hung him up on the front porch and went back to sleep thinking did this just happen !
"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." – Ronald Reagan

Boomstick

this year im setting up at a skeet shooting range. i was out there with some buddies shooting trap, and they just walked right on up. morally i couldnt pull the trigger then, but in two and a half weeks that wont be a problem. ive been out there every day this week, and ive seen which way they walk to their roost every afternoon, and im gonna set up next to a skeet throwing house and let em walk right by me
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness