OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern area

Started by Old Gobbler, February 11, 2012, 12:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pattern area ?

Yes
52 (96.3%)
No
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Old Gobbler

Guys , I am constantly thinking of things to make the members happy , and the forum more beneficial

What I am thinking of doing is creating another turkey gun section, that will be just for posting patterns from your turkey guns - that way it is easy for members and viewers to find what combo woks best for them -  If it is a popular choice we can put it under the turkey gun area -

I am noticing very high rates of traffic in the turkey gun area , made up of a combination of regular talk and questions plus some patterns -

let me know your thoughts and opinions - your voice matters here--Shannon   
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TrkyHntr

Sounds great!

Shane

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

bird

Only for those that post pictures of their patterns.  There are way too many people who are offering advice on patterns when they have no firsthand experience with the gun/choke/shell combinations.

CASH

Quote from: bird on February 11, 2012, 12:45:51 AM
Only for those that post pictures of their patterns.  There are way too many people who are offering advice on patterns when they have no firsthand experience with the gun/choke/shell combinations.

x2.  Maybe a No Reply area.  Just an area to post pattern pics with all pertinent info on what gun/shell/blah, blah, blah.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

SumToy

:icon_thumright:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

chatterbox

Quote from: CASH on February 11, 2012, 12:47:41 AM

x2.  Maybe a No Reply area.  Just an area to post pattern pics with all pertinent info on what gun/shell/blah, blah, blah.
This.

Spring Creek Calls

I believe this would be very helpful, as long as all the info was included.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ILIKEHEVI-13

Only for those that post pictures of their patterns.  There are way too many people who are offering advice on patterns when they have no firsthand experience with the gun/choke/shell combinations.

That is very much true.  And often times a lot of posters will go off of hearsay of what they heard works good.  As Al has said, if you don't know firsthand on what works or not then really your not doing the person asking for advice any good and may only give out wrong or misleading info which in fact isn't helping but really only hurting that person.  

And Shannon I think it would be very useful. 

gophert

Quote from: CASH on February 11, 2012, 12:47:41 AM

X3.....and maybe subdivided by gun make....870, 1187, mossberg 835  etc.....It makes it easier to search.

BOFF

Great idea!!!!

Like always, your on top of things.

Gotta agree with the above comments as well, and needing a picture.

God Bless,
David B.

rebelman

Yes. It would be great if there was a mandatory standard format for title, message, etc.

R AJ

My .02 is that there be a measured distance and not what someone stepped off or estimated. A couple of weeks ago someone owned up that last years 40 paces turned out to be 30 yards.  :gobble: It does not have to be 40 yards for every shot . Lead vs. HTL vs. TSS,gauge,shell,choke mfgr.,constriction or exit diameter,barrel length ,etc. and temp/wind speed are all good data for making a stab at choosing a good combo.

I agree that comments are not needed on this forum,let the pictures speak for themselves. PMs where necessary maybe.

Curtdawg88

I think it would be a great idea and I agree with the no reply. Just title your thread with the make and model of gun post your pics with distances, barrel length, choke, shell, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

gobblingghost

I think it is agreat idea but organized by gun Type ie Benelli, Mossberg.
That way you can go to the area with your type of gun.

teke