OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Considering a new Mossy 835 Tactical... experiences?

Started by Trax, February 10, 2012, 12:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trax

Most all the reviews on this gun have been positive, but I want to hear from OG members who have put the gun through its paces.

I know the 835 is a proven platform, but how does the adjustable stock work for you?
Did you set it and forget it, or do you adjust it often based on circumstances?

How does the gun pattern with its factory choke configuration? What ammo works for you in this configuration?

The stock sights look good to me, but how do they work in the field?

Any complaints or tips before I drop $500+? Thanks for any info.

Trax

Hey, Thanks!
That's just the type info I was looking for.

I dont mind buying chokes for a shotgun, but a gun specific for turkeys ought to perform its intended job right out of the box IMO. Turkey season's almost here, I want to unwrap it and start throwing lead!

Wycliff

I dont  have the tactical but as far as patterns mine both patterned good with the factory chokes, but I still changed chokes because I like to experiment

JohnnieB

I kind of built my on 835 Tactical and I think it came out sweet for the money. I picked up a left over 835 at Gander for $325.00 in Realtree Green. It has a ported 24" barrell instead of a 20". Next I picked up a Knoxx recoil reduction tactical stock in Vista camo for $118.00 on e-bay. The stock sights leave a lot to be desired as far as adjustability and survivability so I picked up some Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dots for 40.00 on sale at Gander. So for a about the same I believe I got a better gun.

chatterbox

Personally, if I was gonna go tactical on the 835, I would buy a standard one, and put a knoxx stock on it.
Now this will work well if you are only gonna shoot with a red dot or open sights. NEVER use a knoxx, and a tube style magnification scope!

Trevor2

You should love the tactical stock it is very maneuverable.
Strutstopper

Trax

Thanks for the responses guys. Im going to place my order this week, and Im finding that I can get one of the Grand Slam 835s for just under $400, while the tactical stock seemingly adds quite a lot to the cost.

I may just go with the standard stock and add a pistol grip stock later like you all suggest.