turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shiny barrel

Started by Hunt4Meat, February 10, 2012, 11:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunt4Meat

I am going to use my wife's 20ga BPS this year for Turkey season.

My question is, her gun has a shiny blued barrel, will that hurt me? Should I do something like wrap it with a black sports wrap or something, or just let it be and go hunting?

I am just happy she is going to let me use it when we are not hunting together.

Thanks in advance for advice  :z-guntootsmiley:
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.

dirt road ninja

I killed my first few birds with a shiny BPS. I really think if they are close enough for it to matter  it's to late for them.

That being said all of my turkey guns are camo, but if they were all stolen I would grab a shiny gun and still kill the same number of birds.

redarrow

Unless you move when you should be sitting still,I dont think it will matter. However it wouldnt hurt a bit to cover it with removable camo tape just to be safe.

goblr77

If you're in the shade it won't matter. If the sun is shining on you the glare could hurt. Just put some cloth camo tape down the sides of it and remove after the season. Won't hurt a thing.

MOStrutter

Many ol' timers and people still to this day (including me), use shiny blued barrells and kill turkeys no problem.  Camo a lot of times is a safety blanket, but not needed.  Just break up your outline, don't move much, and the shine shouldn't be a problem.  I would hate to see you ruin the best pump shotgun ever made.

R AJ

If it bothers you too much you can spray paint the barrel with black  stove paint capable of high temps and then  take it off with WD -40 after season.

Cammo tape does well as you spray the barrel with WD-40 and wipe and then put the tape on it. Works well and you don't have the cammo tape wrapped around the barrel and rib.