only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knight & Hale Spring Turkey Hunting Videos Have Come to an End

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 09, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyslayer 101

Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

TANK

I think all the hunting videos have been over with for a few years now. Some being worse than others. They are all a big commercial now days, pushing the silly sales gimmicks.......I miss the good old days.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: zach20065 on February 11, 2012, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 10, 2012, 09:39:14 PM
Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 07:41:21 PM
me and my buddy have the opportunity to go and hunt and film with Harold this spring, hopefully everything pulls together and we can get a good hunt in.

Buddy what an oppertunity you have!!   I would love to hunt with Harold and David....thats been a dream of mine since I was little.  It would be some great fellowship....the Lord is first in my life and I know the Lord is first in their life too and that means alot to me!!  Wish I had the oppertunity....hope you all have a great hunt!!!!

God Bless
yeah i know, the lord is also first in my life as well and i know it will be a great hunt filled with lots of great fellowship. I really look forward to it.

Zach thats awesome to hear about the Lord in your life!!  Please let me know how that hunt goes!!  Are you heading to KY or TN for the hunt with him or is he coming to WV?

I just noticed your from WV....I'm  currently residing here in northern West Virginia near Morgantown due to my job.....but Lord willing it looks like I'll be heading to Southern WV soon near Beckley!

God Bless you buddy!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

fitter

MossRem

That's too bad...but I guess that it's understandable. Those videos must be a lot of hassle to make. There may be a concern that they couldn't get enough sales of the videos to cover the expense of making them, too.
I think that turkey hunting videos, in general, served a greater purpose in the 1980s and 1990s than they may serve now. Seasons were new, turkey populations were just coming along, and there wasn't really a "handed-down-between-generation" knowledge base. I think people were really unsure what to do in the woods, in the beginning. I know that I was like that....hey, I still am!
Yeah, I know they took a little time to hawk their products, but they showed some useful situations and, like one poster has already said, they really seemed down to earth....like good friends you'd never met. I wish them both the best.

Chris Downs

Something else that has hurt the hunting movie market is the advent of outdoor television.  I only have Outdoor Channel, but I know there are a multitude of others and to be honest, why would you buy Knight and Hale, Primos, or Drury DVDs, if you have Outdoor Channel...they are the same hunts.  Now, that being said, I still do purchase Primos, Drury, Zink, and some others, because I simply don't have time to sit down and watch the tv every week to see the hunts and also, Drury, seemingly only has deer hunts on tv anymore.  But with dvr and the like, just seems like it would be silly to buy the DVDs when you can just sit at home and see them on tv(unless you're like me and want to revisit them from year to year and in between seasons).  Just my opinion.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: zach20065 on February 12, 2012, 01:46:15 PM
Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 11, 2012, 01:29:05 PM
Quote from: zach20065 on February 11, 2012, 11:07:40 AM
Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 10, 2012, 09:39:14 PM
Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 07:41:21 PM
me and my buddy have the opportunity to go and hunt and film with Harold this spring, hopefully everything pulls together and we can get a good hunt in.

Buddy what an oppertunity you have!!   I would love to hunt with Harold and David....thats been a dream of mine since I was little.  It would be some great fellowship....the Lord is first in my life and I know the Lord is first in their life too and that means alot to me!!  Wish I had the oppertunity....hope you all have a great hunt!!!!

God Bless
yeah i know, the lord is also first in my life as well and i know it will be a great hunt filled with lots of great fellowship. I really look forward to it.

Zach thats awesome to hear about the Lord in your life!!  Please let me know how that hunt goes!!  Are you heading to KY or TN for the hunt with him or is he coming to WV?

I just noticed your from WV....I'm  currently residing here in northern West Virginia near Morgantown due to my job.....but Lord willing it looks like I'll be heading to Southern WV soon near Beckley!

God Bless you buddy!
Thanks buddy, i appreciate it. We are going to be going to Kentucky for that hunt. Then me and my buddies are going to take a trip to hunt VA for 2 weekends before WV season opens.
Yeah i live in Clendenin WV, i love it!! Im up in morgantown quite often for WVU sporting events and my brother goes there to school.

Zach...I'm originally from VA actually the South West Part of VA the coal fields. Lived there all my life up until last Nov when i got transferred up here.  I lived really close to the KY line.  I'll also be heading to VA for two weeks again this year for spring gobbler the opening week and the week after.   Its just a tradition for me.  I hunt a big piece of property that is behind my grand parents home.  Even thought they have both passed away and went on to be with the Lord I still Love going there.  Thats where I bagged my first long beard and I can remember stopping at there house after I come out of the woods every morning and how exited they were when I killed a turkey.  My mamaw actually passed away last year on the Thursday before season opened on Saturday.   I sure do have a lot of memories there its the fist place my dad took me and also the first place I called in a gobbler for him after he tough me so much over the years. 

I just looked up Clendenin and I go by there quite often on my way back to VA when my family and I go in.  I go through Charleston then take 119 to Pikeville hit 23 and take it into VA.  Where in VA will you be heading?

houser52

I hate to hear they're giving up the videos.

I've got the turkey hunting bug again. I got out my old VHS videos last week and watched Knight & Hale's 1 & 3 videos several times already. They looked really young back then. Lol.
Unlike most of today's videos they want to share their knowledge with lots of demonstrations, how to call and when to call.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: houser52 on February 13, 2012, 10:17:04 AM
I hate to hear they're giving up the videos.

I've got the turkey hunting bug again. I got out my old VHS videos last week and watched Knight & Hale's 1 & 3 videos several times already. They looked really young back then. Lol.
Unlike most of today's videos they want to share their knowledge with lots of demonstrations, how to call and when to call.

Ya the old ones are classics with the old gang there.  I pull them out and watch them all the time!

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: zach20065 on February 13, 2012, 08:29:55 AM
Cool buddy. We are going to be hunting in Bath County. Me and my buddies are starting to film heavy this year so we are wanting to extend our season as much as possible. My buddy has a camp in Pocahontas county WV which is 10 minutes from Bath county so it will work out nicely, i just hope we can get down there and find some gobblers. My buddy has hunted it some and has heard alot of birds in there, just hope they will cooporate.

Zach...Bath county is a great place!  Thats some of the most beautiful country I've ever seen....you go to bath county its like your going back in time 50 years.   I have spring gobbler hunted up there I'll send you a PM and share my experience with you buddy.

God Bless

treestand

David and Harold will still be hunting with the cameras.  It just that now the outdoor TV has got so popular the DVDs sales have went down.  They cant keep putting these hunt on DVDs when not many people will buy them when all they have to do is turn on the outdoor channel and see the same thing.  David and Harold are 2 stand up guys and I have always enjoyed watching them hunt and have learned alot from them.  I'm proud to be apart of there team!

D W

Tom Threetoes

This is a little off the original topic but I really enjoyed Walter and Chucks show "Right Time Right Place". I'd like to know what the guys are up to now a days. I met Walter years ago in Atlanta and had a nice visit. He's nice guy and easy to talk to. Never met Chuck but I bet he's the same. We did get to meet Spook Span in Nashville Sunday but didn't think to ask about Walter and Chuck.

smitty1hunter

They seem like some great guys and down to earth. I love the fact that their shows don't have electric guitars and a bunch of stupid camera effects.

MarkJM

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 10, 2012, 09:46:38 PM
Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 02:27:20 PM
man i hate to hear that, i have loved watching them over the years as well.
I am a huge Primos and Drury outdoors guy myself, i have all of their videos. Definitely look into the Drury videos they are awesome!! Their footage and they way they put them together is something special, you will enjoy them.

Im going to half to try the Drury videos....your the second guy to mention them.

realtree roadtrips and bone collectors are also good ones
MuellerCustomCalls

Rockhound