turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knight & Hale Spring Turkey Hunting Videos Have Come to an End

Started by VA_Birdhunter, February 09, 2012, 12:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

I've got every Knight & Hale turkey hunting video and DVD put out.  Ever since I was young it has been a tradition for me to buy there spring turkey hunting videos.  Which I do like others and its also a tradition for me to buy Primos spring turkey hunting video every year.  Last year Knight & Hale didn't put one out and I contacted them inquiring about it and was told they just didn't put one out last year.  Well this year there is still not a new spring turkey hunting video out so I contacted Knight and Hale again yesterday and heard from them this morning that there is no plans to make anymore Spring Turkey hunting videos.   I really hated hearing that it actually kinda made me sad I loved watching Harald and David on those hunts along with Chris Parrish ....I also like the old ones with Walter Parrot on there. I can remember watching them with my dad many years ago when I was first getting into turkey hunting and it help fuel the HUGE turkey hunting addiction I have  now!  When I was just starting to use a mouth call and learn how to use it I would watch there videos especially of Walter and try to copy them and it actually helped me a lot.  I guess I can understand there wanting to retire and enjoy it I just hate to see it go!  I guess some traditions are hard to let go!

God Bless  
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Grunt-N-Gobble

I guess all good things must come to an end at some point.

Of the few Drury turkey videos I've seen, they are pretty good.  Maybe give them a try.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Grunt-N-Gobble on February 09, 2012, 12:24:18 PM
I guess all good things must come to an end at some point.

Of the few Drury turkey videos I've seen, they are pretty good.  Maybe give them a try.

your right they must end sometime!

Thanks for the suggestion on the Drury videos I've never watched there spring turkey hunting videos I'll give them a try!

God Bless

runngun

Hate to hear this cause I liked to watch them as well. They always seemed to be down to earth, unlike some of the others I have seen. I do like the Realtree and Primos turkey videos.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

guesswho

When they parted ways with Walter and Chuck I quit watching.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

ccleroy

Quote from: guesswho on February 09, 2012, 02:53:41 PM
When they parted ways with Walter and Chuck I quit watching.

Yep, the occasional visit from Chris Parrish was nice though, Walter and Chuck were cool cats.

Trey

Walter is a super nice guy.  Once he joined the Redhead team he started filming a show that aired on Versus...I think the show was called "Real Hunting".  He took two camera men to the woods with him...one would sit behind him and the other would actually sent in front of him, but at an angle.  This allowed them to film exactly what Walter was doing while the bird was working.  He hunted for three days and filmed an episode on my family's land.  Very polite and thankful for the opportunity and he never threw out the fact he was a World Champion caller.  In fact, we got to a roosting spot the afternoon he arrived and he told us to call first.  

I hate to hear that Knight and Hale are done.  Now that almost half of the Truth 23 is bow kills, it is hard to find a great turkey hunting video. 

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Trey

Quote from: SonicBanshee on February 10, 2012, 02:02:41 PM
were they any good

Walter did not call like a competition caller while hunting.  He did not call aggressively for the most part... a lot of 3 note yelps and clucks. He actually preferred using a box call over mouth calls while he was hunting with us.  Was very patient, hunted hard and always found a way to be in birds.  Passed up two mature turkeys early in the hunt because he did not have good video.  In my opinion, that is what makes him good...it's not whether you can call and impress your buddies, but do you kill birds.  Fortunately for Walter - he can do both. 

The production of the show was impressive.  With the camera in front it eliminates almost 40% of your kill zone, so that you don't risk injury to the camera man.  Walter had not met either camera man before they arrived in camp - all three were very professional and work well together.  The final product was very similar to what all the videos are like now. 

bustinbirds

that stinks, if theres one guy i'd like to hunt with it would be Harold Knight. He's in my top 3 of "celebrity" type hunters. They seem to be down to earth people unlike a lot of people these days.
Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

savduck

I always bought the K&H videos every year. They were my favorite, they didnt seem gimicky like the others.

My favorite hunt was one with Harold in Mississippi. The birds were HAMMERING. It was a brisk morning. he went to calling and 4 gobblers walked out the swamp and gobbled all at one time. Steam breathe came out when they gobbled.
Georgia Boy

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 07:41:21 PM
me and my buddy have the opportunity to go and hunt and film with Harold this spring, hopefully everything pulls together and we can get a good hunt in.

Buddy what an oppertunity you have!!   I would love to hunt with Harold and David....thats been a dream of mine since I was little.  It would be some great fellowship....the Lord is first in my life and I know the Lord is first in their life too and that means alot to me!!  Wish I had the oppertunity....hope you all have a great hunt!!!!

God Bless

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Trey on February 10, 2012, 11:39:31 AM
Walter is a super nice guy.  Once he joined the Redhead team he started filming a show that aired on Versus...I think the show was called "Real Hunting".  He took two camera men to the woods with him...one would sit behind him and the other would actually sent in front of him, but at an angle.  This allowed them to film exactly what Walter was doing while the bird was working.  He hunted for three days and filmed an episode on my family's land.  Very polite and thankful for the opportunity and he never threw out the fact he was a World Champion caller.  In fact, we got to a roosting spot the afternoon he arrived and he told us to call first.  

I hate to hear that Knight and Hale are done.  Now that almost half of the Truth 23 is bow kills, it is hard to find a great turkey hunting video. 

Walter always seemed to be an up standing and down to guy.....and man could he call.   I would love to get to meet him some day.

God Bless

Trey

Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 02:27:20 PM
man i hate to hear that, i have loved watching them over the years as well.
I am a huge Primos and Drury outdoors guy myself, i have all of their videos. Definitely look into the Drury videos they are awesome!! Their footage and they way they put them together is something special, you will enjoy them.

Thanks for the info on Drury - I will look into their videos.  Thanks again. 

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: zach20065 on February 10, 2012, 02:27:20 PM
man i hate to hear that, i have loved watching them over the years as well.
I am a huge Primos and Drury outdoors guy myself, i have all of their videos. Definitely look into the Drury videos they are awesome!! Their footage and they way they put them together is something special, you will enjoy them.

Im going to half to try the Drury videos....your the second guy to mention them.