Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Any Knowledge of the Weatherby SA-459 Turkey Shotgun? 20ga steady grip style

Started by totallycluckedup, February 08, 2012, 03:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

totallycluckedup

It seems somebody finaly offers a 20ga with a steady grip/pistol grip style stock.  However I have no knowledge of Weatherby guns.  Anybody have any experience or has anybody examined this gun up close yet?

Here is the link to weatherby's site

http://www.weatherby.com/product/shotguns/sa_459/sa459_turkey

BrowningGuy88

If it wasn't for those blasted sights, it may get a serious look for the wife. NOT with those sights though.

totallycluckedup

I hear ya... ugly as all get out.  I think the front site may be removable though.  If you go to the website link I posted, under the picture there are different tabs.  Go to the performance tab and it will bring up a different picture that's zoomed in for a few different areas on the gun.  If you go to the front site pic, it looks like there might be a way to remove it.  I hope if they put something so ugly on the front, they would make it removable.  I'm sure it functions just fine, but when it comes to guns, they cost too much to look ugly.  haha

totallycluckedup

Just wanted to bump this topic up to see if anybody has any thoughts or opinions on it.  I held it at Bass Pro, but they wouldn't let me take off the front site to see what it looks like with it off.  To my knowledge this is the only 20ga semi-auto with a pistol grip/steady grip style stock.  Are there others?

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase