OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Carlson Dead Coyote Choke Tube

Started by blackswamp, February 20, 2011, 04:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackswamp

Has anybody tried to see how this patterns with Hevi-13?  The choke is for Hevi-shot for coyotes. I was just wondering if anybody has tried it out
Thanks jeff
Life is hard, its even harder when you're stupid!- JOHN WAYNE

mossy835

Jeff take a look at this link to HM home site, click on their forum and then go to the predator section. You do not have to join to review the postings! There is a lot of patterns with the dead coyote t shot there (the link you want has the paper clip to show there are pictures to see. Carlson's makes the choke for HM so that should give you an idea. You still need to test it your self in your gun. What are you shooting??

http://www.hevishot.com/

blackswamp

Mossy thanks for the info & website. I shoot a 870 SM with 26" barrel & I would like to try some hevi-shot this year. My plan is to buy the primos jelly head tube & try it out first.
I have shot hevi-shot before but that was during duck season. I used it back when Remington I think used to sell it. This year I want to try it during turkey season.
Thanks jeff

SKFOOTER

I wonder how the Dead Coyote tube would pattern the Federal Heavyweight #7's???

hookedspur

My hunting buddy bought one to try he patterned it and put it away said it was to open in his SBE 2.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossy835

Dead coyote is T shot and made for predators. I shoot dead coyote through my turkey choke because of my barrel diameter. I guess I did not understand your question out here # 4 is as large of shot we can legally use for turkeys.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I don't think he wasn't asking about Dead Coyote shells.  He asked about peoples' experiences using Hevi13 Turkey Loads through the Dead Coyote Choke.

mossy835

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on February 22, 2011, 06:44:08 AM
I don't think he wasn't asking about Dead Coyote shells.  He asked about peoples' experiences using Hevi13 Turkey Loads through the Dead Coyote Choke.
That makes more sense, then I would suggest he call or email Carlson and talk to John or Mike and ask them.

blackswamp

Correct I was just wondering if anybody has ever tried it at the range. I do have one but I don't plan on using it for turkeys. Like I said earlier I plan on getting a jellyhead choke tube this year & see how it patterns with my gun.

Thanks jeff

P.S I think this gun forum on Old Gobbler is great there is a lot of good information. Oh yea I do plan on polishing the bore now after reading how everybody seems to like there results after it's been done. :icon_thumright: