News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Revealer - Devotion 2/8/12

Started by lightsoutcalls, February 08, 2012, 10:31:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

JESUS
    Say that name in a crowd of people in your choice of places and you are assured to get responses.  You will either get glares, raised eyebrows, sneers or possibly a smile.  Ask the question of a stranger "In your own words, who is Jesus?"  You might be surprised at the answers you get.  They will either be passionately for or against, or offer a shrug and a look of complete ignorance. Recently I have read responses to articles on the web where people equate the Bible with a book of fairytales.  I have read articles and rants that are nothing short of being venomous towards Christians and a Biblical world view.  Recent rulings by courts and mandates from the Oval Office are becoming more blatant in their attempts to silence those who choose to do their best to live as Jesus taught while giving special considerations to those who openly mock and condemn Him.   
   Why is this happening?  Why can't others recognize what is going on? 

When I see these things happening, it reminds me of Simeon's prophecy to Mary and Joseph when they brought Jesus into the temple at only a few days old.  Simeon immediately recognized the child whose coming he had awaited, and whom God had promised he would see before his death.  Simeon thanked God and proclaimed that Jesus would be a light to both Jews and Gentiles, to provide salvation for all.  As you can imagine, Mary and Joseph were amazed at what he was saying.  Let's take a look:

Luke 2:33-35

New Living Translation (NLT)

33 Jesus' parents were amazed at what was being said about him. 34 Then Simeon blessed them, and he said to Mary, the baby's mother, "This child is destined to cause many in Israel to fall, but he will be a joy to many others. He has been sent as a sign from God, but many will oppose him. 35 As a result, the deepest thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your very soul."

WOW!  As mortal parents, they couldn't have fully understood the depth of what Simeon said at that moment.  We likely get a much better idea as we look at the world around us today.  That first part of verse 35 echoes in my head as I hear/read some of the current events of the day...

JESUS -Revealer of hearts - Exposer of our deepest thoughts-
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Roostem33

This is so true Wendell, when we talk about God to others we have no idea what the responses will be. It sure is nice though when we do get that comforting smile back!!

Thanks and God bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer

rempumpman

That one will preach!!; thank you.
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Duke0002