OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Praise God For Watching Over "OUR" Police Officers !

Started by redarrow, February 20, 2011, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: Fullfan on February 20, 2011, 12:51:37 PM
Very lucky indeed. Being a State Trooper for the past 19 years has tought me to never think it is just another traffic stop.

Here is my question and I am not Monday morning QBing this officer. But why did he have his flash light in his right hand??? He is a right handed shooter and he had his light in that hand. The fraction of a second that it took him to transition the light to his offhand and then draw his weapon could have cost him his life. It is small things that will get you killed.

I am very happy that he was able to go home at the end of his shift, many do not. And to see the bad guy take a round and crash into a pole is great.  I hope he was lung shot and died very slowley.....

Just my .02

Thats a good point.  I've worked in law enforcement since I was 18 and was a police officer for quite sometime.  What happens is you do so many traffic stops and they become routine which is not good.  You start forgetting basic officer survival techniques such has never hold anything in your shooting hand or for example if you watch some of the cop videos etc on TV  you will see an officer with a suspect in front of him with his hands behind his back and the officer with a set of cuffs in one hand and him or her talking on there radio with the other hand.  I've seen this situation where the suspect turned around and knocked the officer out and about beat them to death.  I hate to say it but I made these mistakes and you kinda forget there are evil people in this world and unfortunately you half to treat every stop as such. Stop someone for a tail light out or a illegal u turn etc. and the next thing you know your fighting to live another day.  I'm so very glad this officer is ok and I hope he is coping well with having to take a life.  No officer wants this to be the outcome but unfortunately as in this officers case it is something that has to be done.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkey_slayer

Started out bad but ended nicely  :icon_thumright:  Did yall read any of the comments?  There are people actually saying the cop was in the wrong!  People like that need to be took out of the gene pool.  I cant stand stupid people  :character0029:

yukonhunter

Im a police officer in a really bad city in ny.  I have actually chased a fought numerous suspects with illegal handguns on them.   You would be shocked to see how many people try helping them get away, and call in complaints against you once you arrest the guy.   This world is going crazy.   Anyways its nice to hear from people who actually appreciate the police.  Thanks guys. :thanks:
www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

misfire

Quote from: VA_Birdhunter on February 21, 2011, 11:19:50 PM
Quote from: Fullfan on February 20, 2011, 12:51:37 PM
Very lucky indeed. Being a State Trooper for the past 19 years has tought me to never think it is just another traffic stop.

Here is my question and I am not Monday morning QBing this officer. But why did he have his flash light in his right hand??? He is a right handed shooter and he had his light in that hand. The fraction of a second that it took him to transition the light to his offhand and then draw his weapon could have cost him his life. It is small things that will get you killed.

I am very happy that he was able to go home at the end of his shift, many do not. And to see the bad guy take a round and crash into a pole is great.  I hope he was lung shot and died very slowley.....

Just my .02

Thats a good point.  I've worked in law enforcement since I was 18 and was a police officer for quite sometime.  What happens is you do so many traffic stops and they become routine which is not good.  You start forgetting basic officer survival techniques such has never hold anything in your shooting hand or for example if you watch some of the cop videos etc on TV  you will see an officer with a suspect in front of him with his hands behind his back and the officer with a set of cuffs in one hand and him or her talking on there radio with the other hand.  I've seen this situation where the suspect turned around and knocked the officer out and about beat them to death.  I hate to say it but I made these mistakes and you kinda forget there are evil people in this world and unfortunately you half to treat every stop as such. Stop someone for a tail light out or a illegal u turn etc. and the next thing you know your fighting to live another day.  I'm so very glad this officer is ok and I hope he is coping well with having to take a life.  No officer wants this to be the outcome but unfortunately as in this officers case it is something that has to be done.

God Bless

I still remember what my FTO ingrained in my head. He let me approach a vehicle after a traffic stop and I had the ticket book in my right hand. When I got back to the car he subtly reminded me that I am a right handed shooter. I NEVER let that happen again
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

yukonhunter

Yup  i did it once with my flashlight and never let that happen again.
www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com