OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Praise God For Watching Over "OUR" Police Officers !

Started by redarrow, February 20, 2011, 12:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

A  routine traffic stop in Montana turns ugly. Turn up your computer volume.  

Listen for the first "click" as the driver points the gun at  the trooper....a .41 magnum revolver. The "click" is the hammer   dropping on an already fired round in the cylinder.  The second  round was live! A lucky trooper indeed!

The suspect was shot  in the back while driving away and died on scene after crashing.  

Observe the speed at which the trooper draws  his weapon and fires... accurately!  Practice makes perfect.  

Click here for the Hamilton, MT, police video:  

http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/vmix_cdf93fba-47ca-11df-9f5c-001cc4c002e0.html

OLE RASPY

Fullfan

Very lucky indeed. Being a State Trooper for the past 19 years has tought me to never think it is just another traffic stop.

Here is my question and I am not Monday morning QBing this officer. But why did he have his flash light in his right hand??? He is a right handed shooter and he had his light in that hand. The fraction of a second that it took him to transition the light to his offhand and then draw his weapon could have cost him his life. It is small things that will get you killed.

I am very happy that he was able to go home at the end of his shift, many do not. And to see the bad guy take a round and crash into a pole is great.  I hope he was lung shot and died very slowley.....

Just my .02
Don't gobble at me...

redarrow

I never noticed the flashlight switch. Good point. Hope he learns.

Jay

That's a happy ending, both ways. I doubt that was over a DUI.

Crutch

I can't imagine how he felt in the 10 seconds where he moved away and unloaded his gun. I'm glad he survived. He should have reloaded and emptied the 2nd mag also.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

FttFttVroom!

I have much respect for our state troopers.  Nobody seems to think they do more than just write tickets.

mossy835

Some one was riding with him that night. Glad he survived and saved the tax payer the lawyer fees. That was too close for comfort.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paladin

It was over a DUI but you never know what is in the head of some people. He had a shitty "I don't care if I live" life.  I have had 18 good years in the job so far and it has been some close ones but not that close.
"have gun-will travel"

Limbstrutter

Some people have no respect for human life. The officer did the right thing in my opinion .
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

3.5inchpainfulldeath

holy cow....   that guy was lucky, or had the big mans hand on him.....    great follow up shots.... :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Gobble!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Fullfan on February 20, 2011, 12:51:37 PMI am very happy that he was able to go home at the end of his shift, many do not. And to see the bad guy take a round and crash into a pole is great.  I hope he was lung shot and died very slowley.....
x2 :icon_thumright: 
I'm very happy the officer is OK. And justice was served!!! :policeman: :icon_thumright:

turkey slayer

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 21, 2011, 02:10:09 PM
Quote from: Fullfan on February 20, 2011, 12:51:37 PMI am very happy that he was able to go home at the end of his shift, many do not. And to see the bad guy take a round and crash into a pole is great.  I hope he was lung shot and died very slowley.....
x2 :icon_thumright: 
I'm very happy the officer is OK. And justice was served!!! :policeman: :icon_thumright:
x2