OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Forum issues......

Started by Reloader, February 06, 2012, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reloader

Are any of you guys having trouble with the forum lately?

I haven't posted much lately because when I go to post my key strokes don't appear in the reply box unless I hit each key about 3 times.  Been having to cut and paste from Word.  Also, once I get to a point in a reply the cursor starts jumping around making it hard to type a long post.

Just curious if anyone else is having the problem.  I'm not having these issues with other forums.

Thanks,

Reloader

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

mossy835

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

OldHen

what browser are you using?  I know, from some of my clients, not forum related....but the new Internet Explorer has bugs in it that doesnt now allow them to work on their website pages as they once were able to... IE 9 ---  so, if you computer recently did any updates, you may want to look to see if that is it...  HATE internet explorer BTW  LOL...

but its something to look into --- to see if any updates were made (sometimes they are made without you even knowing it!)

Tuttle

I get a delay on every key stroke when using phone but not on the computer.  Must just be my phone trying to keep up.

sugarray

Listen to Annie, I had the same problems.  She led me to Google Chrome and it is MUCH, MUCH better and faster than IE.

:z-winnersmiley:

rtsj

Quote from: sugarray on February 06, 2012, 01:55:59 PM
Listen to Annie, I had the same problems.  She led me to Google Chrome and it is MUCH, MUCH better and faster than IE.

:z-winnersmiley:
Had to do the same. Switched to Google Chrome and was much better. U need to run a full diagnostic on what ever your home page was. I'm sure u have a couple of viruses.

redarrow

N
  o
     p
             e            n0  p
                                r o b

s  he

re       .

wvboy

I have that problem too when replying if I quote a previous post.. if I don't quote then I don't have the issue.. I think it is related to the reply being bigger than the reply box that you type into.. once it has to go below the allotted spaces it doesn't let you see what you are typing.. it shows you the letter you type real quick then jumps back up to the top of the reply box or something..  as long as the repy is shorter than the alloted box then no issues..

I have IE8 ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Reloader

Thanks Guys!!

Went to google chrome and it seems faster than it ever has.

Spurs

Quote from: Reloader on February 06, 2012, 02:51:24 PM
Thanks Guys!!

Went to google chrome and it seems faster than it ever has.
Congrats on upgrading.  There are some pretty cool features that co
E with crome.
This year is going to suck!!!

OldHen

IE is the WORST, im my opinion....it crashes way too often, they are constantly doing updates that dont seem to ever fix the old issues...so they keep rolling them over...

Chrome is by far MY FIRST choice...with  Foxfire in second....

I cant say much about safari except from on my phone and ipad things...but not on a laptop -- dont own a MAC...want one...but dont have one...... YET LOL

It doesnt cost ANYTHING to download chrome or foxfire... and you can have all three browsers on your computer installed so you can ser which you prefer... I have all three on mine---and I cant remember when IE was clicked to be used! :) :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: redarrow on February 06, 2012, 02:45:14 PM
N
  o
     p
             e            n0  p
                                r o b

s  he

re       .
:lol: ;D :toothy9: :toothy12: :TooFunny: