OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hunters Specialities

Started by FireFly908, February 20, 2011, 12:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireFly908

I'm usually not critical of the hunting shows because I know they have a show to put on, but I got kind of upset today when they had Blake Shelton on Hunters Specialities.  They portrayed him as an expert by letting him discuss the situation and what was going on.  The thing is, he knew nothing and couldn't be any farther from the truth when he stated that the last night was a moonless night so the turkeys wouldn't be feeding very much during the night.  He thought his point was proved by hearing a gobble in the morning!   >:(
I think that this B.S. should never have been in the show.  If somebody doesn't know anything about what is going on, don't portray them as if they do!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't see any problem with taking new hunters out to hunt turkey and actually enjoy watching it, BUT keep them as new hunters!

TRKYHTR

I have seen several different shows with Blake. He is a prankster/jokester. I did not see the show you are talking about but I bet he was joking about that whole situation. I wouldn't be too hard on he I think he is just having fun. JMO

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Flydown

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 20, 2011, 12:15:31 PM
I have seen several different shows with Blake. He is a prankster/jokester. I did not see the show you are talking about but I bet he was joking about that whole situation. I wouldn't be too hard on he I think he is just having fun. JMO

TRKYHTR

I think your right Joe. Blake is always making jokes. :D

OLE RASPY

TRKYHTR
x2 i like ole blake shelton and yes he is a jokester thats what makes it funny.

EliteArkHunter

I did see that show....i started laughing when he said that and i believe he was being sarcastic

paintbrush

I saw that show to and just thought that Blake was making a dumb joke about the night thing. Didn't bother me one bit, just take it for what it is.

bird

Blake Shelton is a "Wild Man".  I agree with the others that most likely he was yankin' someone's chain really hard.  If you want to see how far he can go, just follow him on Twitter.  He is a No Hold's Bar with the things that he will say.

bird

guesswho

Blake Shelton seems like the type that just likes to have fun, and I figure thats what he was doing.   I love to hunt with people like that. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

njdevilsb

TRKYHTR

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

If Blake says something serious, then it's a time for concern.

knightrider

its called sarcasim man lighten up :z-guntootsmiley:

hookedspur

TRKYHTR
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

wildcat14

He wasn't serious.  That's just Blake being Blake.  That is one of the reasons I like to see him on hunting shows.

Gobble!

wbpc

I really enjoy watching shows featuring Blake Shelton just because of his humor.

4nwtf

I agree with TRKYHTR.  They got you with that one.