OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hot weather gloves

Started by catrancher, February 05, 2012, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS

I've been wearing the primos stretch gloves the last few springs.  I've got some mesh gloves, but they've never felt good to me and if its hot I'm usually dealing more with keeping the rest of me cool so I don't think much about my hands.

Santa Closs

Montani Semper Liberi

redleg06

Hot weather gloves= camo face paint on my hands...

Hot weather facemask also= camo face paint.

mnturkey

I have a pair of mesh gloves with the rubber nobs on them but have never used them, it hasn't got warm enough for me to worry about hot hands, most of the time I am looking ofr warmer gloves.
I use cotton camo gloves with the rubber nobs on them.
gotta get a couple pair soon.
SEMPER FI

FullChoke

I have found that most mesh gloves will not last through to the end of a single season.

I have 2 pairs of long-cuff camo jersey gloves. Early in the season, while it is still a little cool in the mornings, I wear one of them as it is. Once the season progresses and it starts to get Mississippi hot, I take the other pair, cut off half of each finger and snip V-shaped vents in the back of the hands.  They last several seasons until they camo has completely faded.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

WildSpur

I have been using those manzella (sp?) Gloves for about 10 years now.  They have held up well and do not get too hot.  Though listed as camo, the pattern is very hard to tell.  The birds don't seem to care though.  I like them because they are form fitting.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

JWC07

I liked the Primos gloves. Now I have 1 I can find plus a single mesh glove. Needless to say I need new hot weather gloves

catrancher

Quote from: redleg06 on February 06, 2012, 11:55:00 AM
Hot weather gloves= camo face paint on my hands...

Hot weather facemask also= camo face paint.

I was wondering if anyone was using paint.  It gets dang hot here, sometimes any glove is too much.  I guide on a place, may be easier to paint the hunters up than to keep extra gloves around.  Thanks

gobbler777

lightweights with gripper dots
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

MOStrutter

Just cheap, simple mesh gloves or jersey gloves.  Things get lost and wet chasing gobblers in the dew, rain, and creek banks.  I also don't like using expensive gloves if I'm crawling around thorn bushes or locust trees.  Keep 2 pair in your vest for backups.  If you need to cut the finger tips off to help with feel then you won't feel guilty about it either.

remmy1187

Cabelas camo skin gloves. Grip gun well.

Longspur321

Cabela's Camo-Skinz here. I don't have to cut the finger tips off of these. Not hot at all either...
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

TauntoHawk

readhead Rut zone gloves

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Rut-Zone-Gloves-for-Men/product/10212324/89833

thin, stretchy fit
grip palms
conductive finger tips to use my iphone with.

best gloves ever!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PALongspur

I wear the same gloves from the chilly beginning of our season to the (often) warm, muggy end. I prefer plain old jersey gloves with all the fingers removed. Camo or brown, doesn't matter.

WyoHunter

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on February 05, 2012, 07:39:16 PM
Primos stretch fit gloves are a good inexpensive choice for hot weather.
That's what I wear.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!