OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you use a decoy

Started by chad fenton, February 04, 2012, 08:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chad fenton

Who uses decoys and who dont?

redarrow

I tried them last year.The birds I encountered never showed any interest. So I'm not really sold on them yet.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Most of the time, I don't when I'm hunting for myself.

However, I'm never reluctant to grab my Dave Smith if I'm in wide open timber, along a field edge or guiding.

Spurs

I used to, but I gave up on them.  The places I hunt are pretty thick and I haven't really seen a difference.
This year is going to suck!!!

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

WildSpur

I used to with average success.

I am a run/gun hunter that covers ground.  The less I carry the better.

Cluck more, yelp less

sugarray

I do, just about every time out.  I am only going to be going into my 4th year hunting, and this may have something to do with it.  I just like to have a decoy out, prefer to have 3 out for more of a "natural" environment, even though they don't move.

Especially with my kids, I'll have them out every time.  Just give that gobbler something else to focus on than me or my kids. 

DSD's are so life like, just awesome!!!

Ol'Mossy

Last time I used a decoy was in 2006, it spooked the gobbler I had coming in, so no!!

30_06

Not normally, but every now and then I will break out a jake and or a feeding hen.

ElkTurkMan

Very rarely do I use a decoy.  

njdevilsb

Gobble!

Big Timber

bbcoach

Decoys have proven very useful to me.  Killed three birds last year, 1 Osceola and 2 Easterns, and two of the three came right to hen decoys. 

chad fenton

Kinda thought I would hear differentalot of yall dont use one.  I dont either but  have hunted with people that do.  Just doesnt seem to make a big difference probably where I hunt.  This year where I will be hunting mostly they will be well within range by the time it does make a difference.