OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pistol grip worth the $$

Started by neal, February 20, 2011, 10:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

I looking at buying a new SBEII and was wondering if the pistol grip is worth the $ they get about an extra $300 for one. Which I don't understand since they use to give them away ??? But if you guys that have one say its well worth the $ then thats the way I would go. They don't have one in stock so I can't hold one to try it out. If it matters I will be putting a spead bead on it as well.

Thanks for the input.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Skeeterbait

That is a lot, I did not know they charged that much more for the pistol grip model.  Still I would not take ANYTHING for a pistol grip on a turkey gun.  It lets you control the gun Much Much better.  It lets you fire the gun with a low elbow position which is very important when shooting a shotgun in a seated position.

n2deer

I think its personal preference. I had one and took it off of my SBE.

It just didn't feel right to me.

Gobble!

I love the Knox stock on my gun so IMO yes it is worth it

bird

I would love to have a SBE II as a turkey gun with a pistol grip but I won't purchase their present configuration because of the design of their pistol grip stock.  If Benelli would come up with something like that of a Knoxx stock then I would be all over the gun.  Until then.... NOPE!!!

hookedspur

Quote from: bird on February 20, 2011, 12:37:08 PM
I would love to have a SBE II as a turkey gun with a pistol grip but I won't purchase their present configuration because of the design of their pistol grip stock.  If Benelli would come up with something like that of a Knoxx stock then I would be all over the gun.  Until then.... NOPE!!!
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

neal

Yeah when I checked back with them they had misquoted me on price the SBEII with pistol grip is $60 more huge difference from $300!!!!

I ordered it today with pistol grip.

Thanks for the input guys as always very helpful!!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.