turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington SPS Supermag Turkey/Predator with scope

Started by chadabear, February 20, 2011, 09:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadabear

Debating on this as my new gun or the standard 875 supermag turkey gun with the sureshot  stock. Both guns are almost identical other than the barrel length, one has 20" and the regular one has the 23". Anyone here shoot the one with the 20" barrel and have any complaints with patterning with a 3" shorter barrel?? I'm ordering next week and would like some imput. I know the 23" barrel will be a little better, but is it THAT much better?? I like the shorter gun. I do alot of runnin and gunnin, my property is thick in places and hunt primarily woods.

[attachment deleted by admin]
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

hookedspur

I like the shorter one and with the shells and chokes available today it will shoot well.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

bird

If those woods are thick like you say then I would go with the shorter barrel because you still gonna want a little more open pattern anyways.  The first thing I would do is take that big ol' barrel off the top of that shorter barrel gun and put a Burris FastFire II on it.

Good Luck ~ Hunt Safe ~ Take Lots of Pictures

bird

gophert

Quote from: bird on February 20, 2011, 09:29:14 AM
 The first thing I would do is take that big ol' barrel off the top of that shorter barrel gun and put a Burris FastFire II on it.

Good Luck ~ Hunt Safe ~ Take Lots of Pictures

bird

:icon_thumright:

Gobble!

With today's shells barrel length is no longer a major factor. Get the gun that suits you best.

12 GAUGE

I would go with the 23" barrel I carry 870 with a 26" barrel and have no problems at all
ROLL TIDE

ncturkey

Are they both Super Mag's.  20" barrel Remy's are 3" chambers. I like the shorter barrel myself. I have a 870 with a 20" barrel and 21" 11-87 and both are great shooters. they are both 3" chamber shotguns too. I too would change that big red dot scope for a small Burris Fastfire 2. Good Luck, Mike

chadabear

Quote from: ncturkey on February 20, 2011, 01:18:39 PM
Are they both Super Mag's.  20" barrel Remy's are 3" chambers. I like the shorter barrel myself. I have a 870 with a 20" barrel and 21" 11-87 and both are great shooters. they are both 3" chamber shotguns too. I too would change that big red dot scope for a small Burris Fastfire 2. Good Luck, Mike

Yes, it is a Super mag gun. It will shoot the 3-1/2 shells
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

sodfather

I have that same sps supermag with the 20" barell and love it, get it you will be happy.