OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington recoil pad

Started by captpete, February 02, 2012, 07:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captpete

I'm looking at the new Remington recoil pad to replace the "brick" on my 20ga. 1187 Premier for the wife to use for her 1st turkey hunt....I'm also thinking of putting one on my 870 SPM. I have read quite a few reviews on it and the big complaint is with the fit. I have looked at the Limbsaver pads, but they don't offer one for the my 1187(at least as far as I can see) other than the slip on and grind-to-fit models. I don't have the equipment to grind one, plus I don't really want to pay twice as much for limbsaver. Any of you that have the Remington pad(other than those that have the Shur-Shot stock) have any comments about the fit of the pad?

shadetree callers

Get a Limbsaver pad . I shoot an 11-87 and they sell one thats a perfect fit . It will absolutely take the pain out of shooting big loads !! The Remington R3 pad was being made by Limbsaver , but I don't know if its the same one they sell now .

SWAMPFOX

mossy835

Here is the web page for Limbsaver, go to the bottom and click on contact us fro the 800 number. They were great in helping me with two pads for Mossberg shotguns.
http://limbsaver.com/
Good luck.

bbcoach

If you have a synthetic stock on the 1187, it should require a 10100 or a 10101.  Mudd Creek has the 10100 for $23.96 with free shipping. 

captpete

Thanks for the replys. Cabela's has the Remington pads for $20....that's why I'm leaning toward it. I can get one for the 1187 & 870 for the price of just one limbsaver. Like I said, all the reviews I've read everybody liked the pad except for the fit. Jsut wondering if anybody had any experience with it and what the fit was like. The 1187 has a wood stock  & was bought about '06. The 870 was bought in the mid 90's is a synthetic stock.

jerseyjimk

captpete

Thanks again for the replys. I understand the limbsaver is a very good pad, but I'm asking about Remington pad. I'm wanting to know if anybody has any experience with it and how the pad fit.

hookedspur

Quote from: captpete on February 02, 2012, 09:47:42 PM
Thanks again for the replys. I understand the limbsaver is a very good pad, but I'm asking about Remington pad. I'm wanting to know if anybody has any experience with it and how the pad fit.
The r3 remington pad is made by limdsaver .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

sugarray

Don't have any idea about the R3 pad, but if you are not happy with what you have, try what you are able to get.  If it doesn't fit to your liking then send it back, Cabela's is great like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrophyTracker

The newer Remington pad, the Super Cell(Non R3) is a good pad. The only issues I have seen with it, is the durability. Tiny chunks of the foam start coming off after only one season. I have seen them at Gander Mtn. on new guns, back when you could handle every one, ripped to shreds, leaving only the mounting base of the pad.
New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

JohnnieB

I put the super cell on my 870 slug gun and it made it much easier on the shoulder.

captpete

Just a little update... I've called remington 4 times to ask a few questions about their Super Cell pad. I've get transfered a couple times & then put on hold(all automated). Then after being on hold for about 4-5 minutes I hear click and then the dial tone. After calling Remington yesterday for the 4th and getting cut-off again. I called Limbsaver. They were able to tell me which pad I needed for each of my guns. I wanted to go with the remington pad because I can get 2 for the price of 1 limbsaver. Almost every review I have read about the remington, there is a complaint about the fit. Looks like I'll be getting the limbsaver pads.

Thanks again for the info everybody.

SWAMPFOX

cant go wrong with limsaver. have them on all my 870s and 1187s. some with synthetic stock some with wooden.all  perfect fit. just installed a grind to fit on mossberg ssi-1 and it turned out well. had some r3s in previous years and they all degraded fairly quick

gophert

MAN UP guys....don't tell me you don't like going home to your wife and telling her that your bruised face and fat lip is from your shotgun!  WIMPS!!!

I have limbsavers on all mine!   :TooFunny: