OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Big Spurs

Started by bgbuck153, February 01, 2012, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt-N-Gobble

Quote from: rtsj on February 07, 2012, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: wvboy on February 07, 2012, 10:39:33 AM
Those are probably the biggest spurs I have ever seen a picture of .. unless you have tiny fingers :)

Congrats ..
He's 6'1" 280 #!!!! Isn't nothing on that guy small!!!  :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:

His best bud Roy :wagon:

No..............bgbucks153 is a small guy.  He just has fat, long fingers!!!!

I know him too!!!!

OLE RASPY

Quote from: rtsj on February 06, 2012, 08:12:13 PM
Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 06, 2012, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: bgbuck153 on February 01, 2012, 07:04:27 PM
Whats the biggest set of spurs you wrapped you tag around ?

I shot mine in Butler , pa . There over 2& 3/16"             I shot the bird The first year of the double tag with my dad and cousin . At the time they were #1 in pa and #2 in the world .
Pics please.
Ok Guys I know there have been doubters. I'm posting pic for him.... He cant figure photobucket out.

Them are shore nuff gooduns.Nice job. :you_rock:

RutnNStrutn

I just measured my finger like the one in the pic. It was 2". If he is 6'1" and 280, he is a lot bigger than me, so 2-3/16" is probably right. Awesome spurs!!

OLE RASPY

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 07, 2012, 10:00:34 PM
I just measured my finger like the one in the pic. It was 2". If he is 6'1" and 280, he is a lot bigger than me, so 2-3/16" is probably right. Awesome spurs!!
Im the same size as him (according to the mentioned numbers :lol:) and measured the same.That curve in the spurs will throw ya off.

Swamprunner

My best is 1-7/8 and 1-5/8. They didn't look anything like the above

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 07, 2012, 10:00:34 PM

I agree.

I was a doubting Thomas at first.  I know a 2" spur when I see one.  I would say he's very close on his measurement. 

RutnNStrutn

I'm 6 foot, 210 lb's and the exact same measure to that point on my finger was 2 inches. I'm a believer. Awesome spurs!!!

Executioner

Someone say "Spurs"? LOL! Couple 1 7/8" are my biggest. Here's a few for ya'll to drool over til season opens. God bless.        
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

bgbuck153

Now that's a collection !

vaturkey

Here's a few !   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

WildTigerTrout

My longest spurs were 1 1/4". Here in the mountains of NC Pennsylvania the gobblers spurs do not get real long or sharp. I believe it's because of all the rugged rocky terrain, it keeps their spurs worn down.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

I-55Bandit

Quote from: westtennhunter on February 07, 2012, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: I-55Bandit on February 02, 2012, 10:07:19 AM
1 3/4 measuring the curve

Bandit, those are some nice spurs but I don't see where you are getting 1 and 3/4".

???
Had a buddy that has killed way more birds than me measure them. I could care less

mudhen

Nothing too special, but I do have four sets that are 1.5", and some of them are slightly over 1.5":

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

remmy1187

1 1/2"  would be my biggest.

Turkeyslayer 101

Be sharp but don't cut yourself!