News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Big Spurs

Started by bgbuck153, February 01, 2012, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Couple Different Birds

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

rtsj

Quote from: OLE RASPY on February 06, 2012, 07:09:15 PM
Quote from: bgbuck153 on February 01, 2012, 07:04:27 PM
Whats the biggest set of spurs you wrapped you tag around ?

I shot mine in Butler , pa . There over 2& 3/16"             I shot the bird The first year of the double tag with my dad and cousin . At the time they were #1 in pa and #2 in the world .
Pics please.
Ok Guys I know there have been doubters. I'm posting pic for him.... He cant figure photobucket out.

BigMick

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gobble!

fountain2

heres a few ga birds

my best..1 3/8

BigMick

Here's a couple of mine

bustinbirds

At what time was they number 1 in Pa.? NWTF says the state record is 2"
Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

bgbuck153

I killed the bird in 06 . I'm not into putting my kills in the book but I did check into it at the time because I never heard of spurs bring that big. So I emailed NWTF. They said to get the bird mounted but I had already had it cut up for the grilling (which turned out like shoe leather due to the age )  so they told me to get the next bird that I harvest mounted and put the beard and legs off of the big spur'd bird on the mount. Well to me that just takes away from the actual kill so I never did nor did I ever have the bird registered at NWTF. When I asked them how old they thought the bird was they said its too hard to determine because once the spurs get or 1 1/2 its atleast a 5 year old bird.

honker22

Oh MY!!! bgbuck153, those are massive.  Still not sure why you can't get in the books with that though
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

bustinbirds

That stinks bgbuck very nice spurs congrats on those! As for being tough,I've never killed a bird I couldn't eat. Maybe yall cook em different up there.
Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

wvboy

Those are probably the biggest spurs I have ever seen a picture of .. unless you have tiny fingers :)

Congrats ..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

canadatom

My biggest are not quite that big, those are impressive.
Mine are 1 3/8 and 1 1/2

rtsj

Quote from: wvboy on February 07, 2012, 10:39:33 AM
Those are probably the biggest spurs I have ever seen a picture of .. unless you have tiny fingers :)

Congrats ..
He's 6'1" 280 #!!!! Isn't nothing on that guy small!!!  :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey:

His best bud Roy :wagon:

bgbuck153

Who needs enemy's when you have good friends like that! LMFAO !                                                       
                                                       :fud: :OGani:

westtennhunter

Quote from: I-55Bandit on February 02, 2012, 10:07:19 AM
1 3/4 measuring the curve

Bandit, those are some nice spurs but I don't see where you are getting 1 and 3/4".

???