OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Big Spurs

Started by bgbuck153, February 01, 2012, 07:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgbuck153

Whats the biggest set of spurs you wrapped you tag around ?

I shot mine in Butler , pa . There over 2& 3/16"             I shot the bird The first year of the double tag with my dad and cousin . At the time they were #1 in pa and #2 in the world .

redarrow

Thems railroad spikes. Post up some pics.

bgbuck153

I don't know how ! I will ask the wife .

Shotgun

If you have a photobucket account you can just copy from there and paste it on here.

rtsj

I personally know Bigbuck153. He is a close friend since grade school. I've hunted with him my whole life and he is telling the truth. Just spoke with him and when his wife gets home he will open a photobucket acct. and post up some pics. They are unbelievable. Hook like nothing you will ever see. He has more birds with 1.5 spurs than all my other buddies combined. I'll have to get him to post a pic of his collection. Beards are nothing to sneeze at either. Plenty over 11". He hunts in a fantastic area. I actually owe my biggest bird to him. 23.5 lbs 1.625 spurs and double 11" beard.  That bird went to the taxidermist and he closed down and moved away. Never got my bird. :angry9: :angry9:
Give him a few days and you will get the pic.

Thanks Roy

Gobble!

Gobble!

sorry for the large photo. Trying to figure out photobucket on the iPhone

Basser69

We frame houses with things smaller than those!

bgbuck153

Ok , I think I got this figured out .

/Users/jeffehman/Desktop/PhotoBucket/20110527104938-1.jpg/Users/jeffehman/Desktop/PhotoBucket/20110527104938.jpg

bgbuck153

Houndstooth Game Calls

Man I wished we had turkeys in Alabama!!!

gobbler777

For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

bgbuck153

I will mess with this tomorrow evening . We have an Mac computer and things aren't as simple as the picture posting describes on photobucket . Nice hooks gobbler777 ! You will see at a later date in my pic that I butt my finger into the leg and the tip of the spur is past my second joint . What sucks is that I didn't know what I had until I cut the bird up and figured out that you measure the spur like the main beam on a buck . When I measured it before I cut it it was around 1 3/4 . Had I know what I had it would have been a full mount . Oh Well !

woodchip

1 1/16 is the longest I have killed.

antnye