turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How many of you have a garden?

Started by MarkJM, February 20, 2011, 01:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmbhngr

We do all ours in raised beds. This Fall my son and I built 18 raised beds 3'x8' filled them all with manure; then planted 3200 cloves of garlic. We have 4 different varieties. Its exciting seeing it sprout when the snow melts off. We also have a straqwberry bed that we built like a pyramid. All the other beds are for heirloom tomatoes spinach onions cukes and some others I forgot. Will also be doing our horseradish this year. Sorry for the babbling

TANK

I got some great top soil hauled in last Thursday. I raked abunch of Oak leaves into the fresh dirt after I spread it, and then burnt the leaves. I plowed it this evening with the disk. I'm going to hit it a few more times then plant a few Maters, Squash, Cucumbers, Red Beans, Bell Peppers, Pole Beans, Peas, and maybe try some Onions.........

yellowacorns

50x75, tomatoes, corn, turnip greens, crowder peas, okra, cukes, gourds for martin houses

Old Gobbler

Just planted some Onions , Strawberries, blueberries, I have a raspberry bush that I planted last summer and it is kicking butt right now , starting to sprout berries like crazy

I hope to lay down some good tomato plats and I am looking to place some hot pepper bushes too
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

woodchip

I plant a small one, mostly tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers.

VAHUNTER

i put out two big gardens every year. my wife and i can and put stuff up most of the summer and fall
Good things come to those who wait