OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you have a garden?

Started by MarkJM, February 20, 2011, 01:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJM

Every year we plant a garden with everything you can think of in it, two of them actually, very good sized ones. I just love me some fresh produce! also butcher cows, the only reason I mentioned that is so i could use this
:deadhorse:
MuellerCustomCalls

TnHunter

I have a small one every year about 40' x 40' and love the fresh veggies myself.
Life is good today

paintbrush

Have a small 16' x 24' raised bed garden. I get plenty of veggies from it fot just the wife and me. The reason for a raised bed is the soil at my place is mostly sand or gravel, so I had some good black dirt brought in for a raised bed garden.

jake slayer

Yes I have a small veggie garden that my little girl helps me plant
Nothing beats picking a few mater or cukes from the garden rinsing them off
& adding a little salt & pepper for a summer supper  :icon_thumright:

spurman

About the only things I grow now are tomato's, peppers and squash. I use to have a big garden but the deer and coons would get most of it. Sometimes they will eat the tomato's but do not like the peppers or squash. Could never afford to make my garden critter proof. Tried some of the others things like hair, red pepper, scarecrows, radios. Finally just settled on the things they don't like.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

TANK

I have planted a garden for the last 2 years, but I am going to have to get some better dirt hauled in. For some reson the soil on my property is mostly white clay. I hope I have better luck this year than I have had the last 2........

Jay

My whole state is a garden. I can go to corner stands, farmers markets, and pick up all I need of fresh vegetables. This way saves me time to fish and persue other fun things.

hookedspur

I too have a small one just green onions tomatos cukes and peppers .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

M,Yingling

Quote from: hookedspur on February 20, 2011, 09:03:32 AM
I too have a small one just green onions tomatos cukes and peppers .

Pretty much what i grow  :icon_thumright:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

mossybird

Well I live on a farm, we raise beef cattle and grow corn and soybeans. 2500 acres of pure turkey and deer!

OLE RASPY

I did last year and my wife told me she would take care of it and she didnt so im not this year as i dont have time to tend to a garden(or should i say make time).She planted some corn and it never grew  :TooFunny:Asked her how deep she planted it she said about about like this and held her hands up and it was about a foot deep :TooFunny: I told her they got directions on the pack of seed as i laughed about it and she told me some directions and it wasnt polite either. :TooFunny:

kyhareraiser

i raise a small garden and in it is just what i eat.. getting ready to plant my sugar snap peas..usually plant them on valentines day but last year the seed rotted in the groung and the county extention agent said middle od march is fine ,so this year i'll try that..got the ground ready though..cabbage ,beans,corn,cukes,bell peppers,banana peppers ,lettus and onion and i plant a single row of potatos so i can make new tater' gravy with my peas

redarrow

I raise a big one. 90 x 100.  Most of it is dedicated to pumpkins that I raise for the youth group at my church. They sell them in conjunction with our Fall Festival. The rest is beans,mater,taters,squash,cukes,okra and collards.

njdevilsb

We plant a small one every year.  Last year we had tomatoes, cucumbers and pumpkins.  Next door my brother had tomatoes, corn, watermelon, carrots, and peppers.  Between the two houses, we had our fill for the summer.

BOFF

I have in the past, and have access to several as well. May not grow one this year, as the time to tend to it as it should be, is getting difficult to find.

It still amazes me in seeing how God works,  by planting a small seed and seeing it mature to vegetables, and fruits.

God Bless,
David B.