OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sumtoy .562 - just got one

Started by gaboy, February 01, 2012, 08:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaboy

Just received a SumToy .562 a couple days ago for my Ithaca M37 20ga with Tru Choke style treads.  :z-guntootsmiley: Awesome looking choke. Hopefully  will post some patters for Fed HWT #7 and Hevi #7 this weekend. Gonna throw some Hevi #6 through it for fun.

This will be my 4th choke (Carlson, TruLock and Colonial).. I'm limited with the tru choke style so hopefully this puppy will end my choke search.

savduck

William has two versions of the 562. One made for the Federal 7s and thn a second one made that shoots the hevi shot and TSS 9s the best. You should have a shooter either way. Good luck.
Georgia Boy

gaboy

I specified Fed HWT #7 when ordering but it's not marked other than .562 but as you say from what I've seen it should shoot well. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Deputy 14

I just got mine in the mail from William Monday. Shot it yesterday once with Fed heavyweight and got 158 in 10 from a lasered 40. Nice uniform pattern with no holes in it. 
Have to thank William. Just what I was looking for

schief

talked to william today at sumtoy. told him i wanted to shoot fed. hwt #7 and hevi-13 #7 through his choke but with a 12ga. he said fed had a stiffer shot cup and needed a bigger diameter choke 670 to 675. smaller with hevi-13. i ordered a 670. will see. if i like it i am going to order one fo my rem. 11-87 compact 20 ga with 21" barrel.

fountain2

Schief,  I actually think the 20 shoots better than the 12 with those wads....for whatever reason that may be.  Don't let the 12 ga decide for your 20.  Id really like to see the hw 7s in a 10 myself!

schief

Quote from: fountain2 on February 02, 2012, 07:47:49 PM
Schief,  I actually think the 20 shoots better than the 12 with those wads....for whatever reason that may be.  Don't let the 12 ga decide for your 20.  Id really like to see the hw 7s in a 10 myself!

going to see how 12ga. does with his choke. william at sumtoy  said he had some good numbers with 20ga. i tried to pattern my rem. 870 12ga the other day with a jelly head choke. shot some hevi-13 in #6 and fed, hwt @7. both patterns were bad. i will still use my 20ga most of time. 12 is a backup. i will eventually order a sumtoy .562 for 20ga

gaboy

Was able to pattern the choke yesterday. But it was less than ideal conditions - gusting crosswind.

40 yards measured.

Fed hwt #7 was 125 & 138 with nice even pattern.

Hevi #7 was 109 and 127.

A little better numbers with the Fed hwt than before. I've pretty much decided this is about as good of numbers this M37 gonna do.

But that pattern will kill turkeys.

SumToy

The numbers on the HV will be low with that choke.   Now the federal look a little low but not real bad. It could be weather don't know.    I see 140 to 150 with them.   Now the HV with the choke for them will go a few more.    
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

gaboy

Thanks sumtoy. These patterns are much more even than I was getting with the other chokes I have. So I'm pleased with the choke.

Very well could have been the conditions... The 2 outlier patterns were HV 87 and Fed hwt 109. I tried to shoot each shot during lulls.

goblr77

You got a good choke. These patterns are from a 21" 870 and the .562 Sumtoy.

OtsdawaRidgeRunner

Yep,

Just called there this morning and bought one for my  Mossy Super Bantam 20 gauge.  He told me the Fed HWT 3" 1.5 oz #7's choke is alot better than the hevi -13 one but said if I don't like the Fed one I can mail it back and he will let me try the Hevi-13 one.  I think i'm gonna listen to the expert and use the one he is sending me! I asked him and he also told me that with just lead this choke was still getting 107 in the circle.  SOLD!  I cant wait to get this choke.