turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

updated patterns--Stoeger M2000 and 3500 sumtoy choke

Started by reynolds243, January 31, 2012, 02:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

so I have the sumtoy 670 and William sent me a 650 to just test out. Shot both today as well as my new M3500. I took the same 670 choke i had out and put in the 3500 to shoot the mag blends. I was actually impressed with the mag blends but good god they kick like a mule, even on a lead sled.

I liked the 650 but I think i actually like the 670 overall better. all the shells minus the mag blends were 3" and even had some hand load TSS#7 - HW #6 blends but they were pretty blown out patterns. kinda hard to see the pattern outside the circle but it was the only paper i had.

gobblingghost

Good patterns. William hooked me up too with my choke

SumToy

We need to bump you up to around 680 to 685 in the sporting choke to shoot the tss.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Neill_Prater

What numbers did you get with the blends in the 2000? I own one, and got in the 190's with an Indian Creek 665. Thanks.

ghillie

What is the barrell length on your M3500??  How did you find one so fast???  Thought they were on back order??

reynolds243

Quote from: Neill_Prater on February 01, 2012, 09:43:58 AM
What numbers did you get with the blends in the 2000? I own one, and got in the 190's with an Indian Creek 665. Thanks.

i got decent numbers from the 2000 and magblends as well from an IC choke, i am pretty sure it was like 170-180 total but it had some holes in it.

I shot another mag blend with the 3500 that went 221 which is fine by me and the pattern was pretty balanced. i will say though that no shell i have ever shot kicks like those things hahahah.

reynolds243

Quote from: ghillie on February 01, 2012, 11:01:58 AM
What is the barrell length on your M3500??  How did you find one so fast???  Thought they were on back order??

it is APG with a 26" barrel. I found a guy selling one for $450 and it was seriously brand new. still had the box and warranty card in it as well as all the parts that come with it. Matter of fact it was so new when i took it apart to clean it, it looked like it had not even been shot yet.

it is one sweet shooting gun though, i REALLY hope they come out with a pistol grip for it so i can make it my main gun for turkey.

I was SHOCKED when i found it at that price!!

ghillie

Nice score!!  I ordered my 24" right before the price hike!   :lol:    A little bit more than what you paid but not much...I was on the Stoeger web site and noticed that they are advertising the pistol grip stock for the 3500...I called to upgrade my order but they were caught of guard...apparently their marketing dept posted that without telling customer service!!  She did say, however, that they should be out "soon"....in a month or two...CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

reynolds243

lol yeah i saw it advertised so i called about it right away and the lady said it should be out soon. I will order 1 the day they come out if it is still turkey season.....

ghillie

Me too...glad to hear your results so far.  I have a few chokes to try already for it...interested to try a Hevi .656 with #6 and #7's.  Did you get all five factory chokes with that gun of yours??  Did it come with the factory "turkey choke"?  How tight is that??

reynolds243

I did and it's ok. I thought it was a 673 but not sure. It has no internals to it though it's just a straight tube. The skeet choke is nasty for ducks though.

I have a 665 IC, 670 pure gold and a 670 + 650 sumtoy I am gonna try those as well