turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HIGH PRICES OF TIRES AND A BLOW OUT

Started by GOLD HUNTER, January 31, 2012, 01:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLD HUNTER

Last week was our last week of turkey hunting here in VA.  My uncle had 1 tag left from the fall and asked if I would go with him since I was tagged out and help him kill a bird.  To make a long story short we got into turkeys but didn't get one. As they say A bad day of hunting is better than a good day at work, why?  On the way out of the National Forest the sidewall of my rear tire blew out.  

I bought the tires in November of 2005.  I had 107,464 miles on the truck at that time.  I now have 168,794 miles on the truck.  I got 61,330 miles on this set of tires.  Ok, I'm not a guy to neglect things but I did with this set of tires cause they dry rotted.  Those tires in 2005 cost me $541.00 for a set put on my truck.  We put the spare tire on the truck and headed to the house.  I've been on the phone for 2 days pricing tires and I almost fell in the floor when I found out what it would cost me to put them on now.  A set of four all terrian BF Goodrich tires 31x10.5 R15LT installed ranged anywhere from $943.00 to $1,117.00.  

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the price of tires lately?  

Guess I'll have to take a 2nd mortgage out to pay for them.   :toothy12:  

Brian

redarrow

Have you tried Sams Club ? They always seem to have the best prices.

Shellwaster

And they will keep going up in price. I am on the verge of having to put new shoes on my ride and I'm looking at the Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2's. For a set of 255/75/17 I'm looking at a cool $1k.  So much for a family vacation this year.

stinkpickle

You're lucky you got BFG A/T's for $541.00 back in 2005.  ;)

econo

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on January 31, 2012, 01:07:27 PM
Last week was our last week of turkey hunting here in VA.  My uncle had 1 tag left from the fall and asked if I would go with him since I was tagged out and help him kill a bird.  

Your tagged out? That means you won't be able to kill any this spring in VA
May God bless you all

Beretta686

I just received another 11% tire increase from all the manufactures I purchase tires from.

Yes, look at the cost of gasoline and diesel fuel since then. I bet with all the increases they have doubled since then.
Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

GOLD HUNTER

Quote from: econo on January 31, 2012, 02:54:52 PM
Last week was our last week of turkey hunting here in VA. My uncle had 1 tag left from the fall and asked if I would go with him since I was tagged out and help him kill a bird.  

OH NO..... i killed 2 in the fall and that's tagged out for the fall season and i have 1 tag for spring and u sould know the law better then that and if you don't u best get the Va. hunt law book out and read it ECONO !!!

turkey slayer

I bought 2 tires a few monthes ago, my wife almost passed out when she heard how much they were.

WIRE PALADIN

Quote from: GOLD HUNTER on January 31, 2012, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: econo on January 31, 2012, 02:54:52 PM
Last week was our last week of turkey hunting here in VA. My uncle had 1 tag left from the fall and asked if I would go with him since I was tagged out and help him kill a bird.  

OH NO..... i killed 2 in the fall and that's tagged out for the fall season and i have 1 tag for spring and u sould know the law better then that and if you don't u best get the Va. hunt law book out and read it ECONO !!!

I got 2 for my truck last summer and payed over 500.00 for them and "econo" you need to read more post and read up on the laws if you don't know them  !!!

pat
Have gun will travel to your woods to hunt

stinkpickle

econo

Your right , I never hunt them in the fall anymore ! I always use my 3 tags in the spring, which I know is legal. Futher more if you want to get technical- you miss stated the facts. You said tagged out, you should have stated tagged out for fall season...lol
May God bless you all

GOLD HUNTER

OK....... i am tagged out for the fall season !!!  ::)

How the kill law is in Va.

1 bird in the fall and 2 in spring
2 bird in the fall and 1 in spring
or just kill all 3 in the spring, BUT spring has not got here yet !!!  :TooFunny:

NOW LETS GET BACK TO THE TIRES

brian

sugarray

Why are you going for the most expensive tires?  Those BFGs and the Revo 2s are ridiculously over priced.  There are just as good options out there for much less.  I run Firestone Destination A/T's on my explorer and Dakota.  Never had a problem.  BFG makes a great looking tire the Rugged Terrain, which is new this year.  Lots of folks around me run the Mastercraft Courser A/T 2 and the General Grabber A/T 2.  Good looking tires and much cheaper than those above.  You need to shop around some more.  Look at tire rack's reviews

econo

Brian, another option is to watch craigs list. Sometimes there are some like new tires 4 sale there at good price. It just takes a while to find the right size at times.
May God bless you all

Tail Feathers

Quote from: sugarray on January 31, 2012, 06:10:10 PM
Why are you going for the most expensive tires?  Those BFGs and the Revo 2s are ridiculously over priced.  There are just as good options out there for much less.  I run Firestone Destination A/T's on my explorer and Dakota.  Never had a problem.  BFG makes a great looking tire the Rugged Terrain, which is new this year.  Lots of folks around me run the Mastercraft Courser A/T 2 and the General Grabber A/T 2.  Good looking tires and much cheaper than those above.  You need to shop around some more.  Look at tire rack's reviews
I priced Destinations for my truck two weeks ago.  $960.   :o
Love to hunt the King of Spring!